S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a 2" block welded to my 3" block to achieve
a 5" total drop with a 4 degree shim for the pinion angle.
I currently have a 3" drop but I want 5 and I have a block, coil
set up now
So I plan to add spindles and Maybe a 2" block welded to my 3" block to get the 5 in the rear is this adviseable or not
come on guy give me some help!!!

Also do I need to c-notch the frame with a 5/5 drop>.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
No..you can't do it and drive the truck. Go buy some 3" leaf springs. I got mine from summit for about $160. But with 5" of drop you better check around cause I thing you're gonna need a c-notch to go that low and still have suspension travel.

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
You need to be careful , you cant stack blocks even if you welded them.

Like the other guy stated, get some drop leafs. if you go mono leaf and 3in block, you'll get alot of axle wrap up.

i have mono leaf and 4in angled DJM's onmine, and I don't race, but it still wraps up pretty bad.

with Drop leafs it shouldn't be like this as it is supported by the other leafs.

Let us know how it comes out!

·
AKA: Steve_S.
127 Posts
My old 89 s10 had 3" leafs and 2" blocks with the stock bump stop... It had about 2-3" of travel, I bottomed out a lot on hard bumps, but i never cut off the bumpstop or put in new shocks.... That was all before i got ran over... eheh Its trash now. I saved my $ up and got a new 2002s10. Click my pic to see more.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could I de-arch the leafs 2"
I work in a machine shop fabricating facility so this would
be easy if it is advisable

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
ya not smart stacking blocks, before i got my old truck the dude stacked 2" blocks and they shifted. mine had a 5 inch drop in the back also and the bed bottomed out all the fuggin time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts