S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
You lost me at carburetor
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I have been searching around on the site and can't really find any info on how to do this. Actually, I just need to know so I can tell my wifey what to get me for Christmas:D. I have an LQ4 that is itching to go in ol' ****** (my name for my grandpa style S10) and I need a few things for it before I get to tearing down on truck. I realize that this is prob a total newb question. I was told out of an '07 but you know I want to be right the first time. Thanks in advance.

·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sorry, didn't really proofread there lol. I was asking is there a way to date ls and truck blocks by any certain casting numbers. Sorry again for the confusion.

·
Bowtie Til I Die
2,341 Posts
I haven't really looked for something like that. I just know littel trick you can do by looking at certain sensors.

If the motor have a sensor on the front timing cover you know its an 05 and up.

That is the best information i can give you right now. Ill look into it more tomorrow for you.

·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent thank you! My lq4 has a few sensors missing/damaged and I wanted to replace them before dropping it into my truck. I cannot wait to start tearing into this thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts