S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how involved is installing blocks and if you had the choice between 3 inch blocks or 3 inch dropped leaf springs what would you pick and why? Thanks

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I have been told that installing blocks is very easy, and that even being a girl, I could do it myself. (And no, things should not be judged that way, but unfortunately, sometimes they are) As far as preference, I would prefer going with dropped leafs and I don't have a good explanation why, but they seem to be a bit safer and I would think they would be a bit stronger than blocks. Just my 2 cents......:D

·
Registered
745 Posts
the springs

will make the truck handle better than the blocks,and besides that you can use springs and then add blocks if it isnt low enough for you.dont forget to get the right shocks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running billsteins currently and they are pretty stiff. If I got only for a 2/3 drop do I need to replace them.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
installing blocks is real easy, just lift the rear end remove the ubolts that are there put the blocks in, replace with the new u bolts and you are done, i found that romoving one ubolt at a time is much easier, just looen up the other till you can get the block in then viola!! as for the shocks i wouldn't think you need to replace them, if they are stiff enough you should be ok..........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you put the jacks on the axle or does the leafs have to be unloaded and if so do you have to worry about the axle dropping in your lap when you remove the bolts? Thanks

·
Registered
745 Posts
when I was

refering to the shocks,I was thinking of the lenghth and not how stiff they are.Check how much travel you have.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
BlazinBlazer said:
Do you put the jacks on the axle or does the leafs have to be unloaded and if so do you have to worry about the axle dropping in your lap when you remove the bolts? Thanks
i put the jack on the pumpkin and the jack stands on either side of the pumpkin just for safety.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts