S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Bravada which yesterday started making the sound the blinker / hazards make when they cycle on and off This sound comes from behind the glove compartment. When it makes the sound, the dash turn signal lights do not come on and the outside turn signals do not flash.

When the blinkers and/or hazards are used they work correctly and the dash turn signal lights light up correctly.

Anyone know what's going on here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's an update... the sound comes from behind the glove compartment from the black relay (I believe this is what it is) that is approx 1 inch by 1 inch located on the passenger side of the computer (I believe that is where all the wires are plugged into). This relay is attached to the computer on the right side and you can feel the clicking when the blinkers are on, hazards are on, or this intermittent clicking happens. This frequency of the clicking varies -- sometimes it clicks for 10 seconds, then off for 10 miles, then on again for 2 miles, etc.

Is this possibly pointing to a bad relay on the computer, bad computer, or turn signal stalk issues (possibly wire shorting out)?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Cheapest thing to do first would be to replace the relay, they're about $5 bucks for a regular automotive BOSCH type at the parts store :)

·
white guy from lodi
32 Posts
sound,s like a bad bulb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the bulbs are fine I just hope it isn't the damn switch that seems to break all the time mine is intact and just fine. More annoying than anything

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Mine did this when my friggen tail light was out...Didn't even think to check the tail light...So i bought a new relay...installed :Wtf: then I think DUHHH tail light!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts