S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an odd situation. I have a 2000 S10, and recently I noticed that suddenly my left turn blinker blinks real fast. Sort of like one of those hyper blinker things you can get put in. My right one still blinks at the normal speed. I haven't touched anything, it just started doing it on it's own.

Anyone know what could be causing this? It's not really a problem, but it does look odd to have one going faster than the other. It does look pretty cool going at that speed, and it'd be nice to have the other going just as fast =] Thanks for the help.

·
I'm madly in anger with u
653 Posts
Change the bulb.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
i have the same problem and i have had it in the shop like 4 times for it... i have a 2000 also. all the grounds are intact and everything, and its 2 front blinker bulds and rear one thats blown. change em and it works good for like 10 blinks. then they blow again. i just dont use that turn signal... oh yeah all the lights accpet for hi low headlights are blown. rear running light and brake light and turnsignal are all blown

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my uncle-in-law (?) has a shop. I think I'll bring it in just in case and have it checked out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same thing happened to my 88 sdime. It was the relay for the blinker going bad. Just a couple of bucks fixed it. Hope it helps.

·
truckin
101 Posts
Eh;

That happened to me a few times, and ever time it was one of the bulbs on that side of the vehicle that was burnt out.

·
truckin
101 Posts
grndscrpr03 said:
Sounds to me like all you guys need to check your blinker fluid. It's probably running low and causing your bulbs to overheat and consequently blow.
I know for sure mine blinker fluid is full. I check it every few fillups to be sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you tried switching to synthetic blinker fluid instead of the old Dino stuff? That helped mine.

·
Cheezeit9
364 Posts
Change the flasher and the bulb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts