S-10 Forum banner

BLAZER X is finally done! Lowered, SS mirrors, color matched door handles etc.

7K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  lodi3qtr 
#1 ·
well finally the outside is done. next thing to go is just a c notch in the back and thats it. can't go another inch lower in back because will be lower than the front then. Oh yah we have flammed gauges coming in and a generation II set up thats it.

as for the front this is about the lowest you can go and still have a good ride. you will see the pics on the bottom of this post. the front is about a 5.5 inch drop. rides a lot better now that the spindles are in instead of the lower a arms and also I put a pic in on how much of the bumpstop you can cut and still be ok.

the mirrors and color matched door handles were well worth it.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
tires are 255 45 18 i had to trim the body kit in front a little nothing major because the spindles push the rim out a little.

if you go lower than this you will need a smaller tire. the belltech 2 inch drop springs lower it 3 and 3 inches lower it 4. a 3 inch drop spring from 2 blazers that i have done have lowered the front 1 to 1.25 more than the stock 2.5 drop spring. that was 28 inches to top of the fenderlips in front with spinldes you will be at 26 about the same that our blazer is at now. any lower you will be smacking the a arm on the frame

tony

#13 ·
lmao love those tags....if shes anything like my g/f she'll have that totaled in about a week....or pick up some guys and have a threesome in the back....<sigh>

#14 ·
I like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help

Your Blazer is very nice. Maybe some one can help me with getting a kit to drop mine!!!!!! :cool:

I have a 02 white extreme 4.3L V6 Blazer.

I just add wheels, (HALO) with PERELLI SCORPIONS 255/45-18 and BOSTON ACOUSTICS speakers 6 1/2 in the front doors and PIONEER Premier 6x9's in the back, all are two-ways. I left the stock speakers in the dash they sounded OK. As my ear gets bigger so will the sound. I want to drop my BLAZ help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also working on a muffler. HEY does some know if a FLOW-PRO will work on a 4.3L V6. I have one on my YUKON that has a 4.8L V8 and it sounds nice and loud.

Also are your mirrors still fully automated and does the heat still work on them.

Will post pic's soon!!!!!!
PHOTO

:thumbup:

#16 ·
hey photo i live in san francisco.

we have a club www.loweredvisions.com

maybe i talked to you the last good guys show.

anyways i have the 3 chambered non delta flowmaster muffler with 3 inch turn down sounds bad ass. they do not make this muffler anymore.

i just put the 50 series suv performance flowmaster on my truck 3 inch turn down and sounds really good. you can ask a few guys that have heard the blazer that the non delta flowmaster sounds a lot better than the delta flow.

ive lowered a lot of s10/blazers, but ive also done 2 blazer x's with 3 inch coils in front and 3 inch blocks in back and its fine. the front came down from 1-1.25 inches and rear came down 3 like the blocks do.

if you go with spindles they are like 250 for spindles and then a 4 inch block will make the back to low so you need a 3 inch block.

i had lower a arms and they rode not so great so when the spinldes came out i put them on and cut 1/2 a loop off the coil and still rides smooth. if you come to the city i can take you for a ride and let you hear the exhaust. as for the rear 4 inch block = c notch. you have to trim the bumpstops in back down from the top i learned this the hard way because i cut from bottom first and your not supposed to do that because they are collapsing bumpstops. e mail me at s10ssonnos@aol.com. im lowering a customers 02 blazer x this weekend if you want you can come by

tony

#18 ·
little off sub but should u get a alignment done after a spindle drop if your picky like that...like me....

#20 ·
ok cause i'm no expert but a guy down the road slammed his ranger and the camber on the front looks like the wheels are about to break off....and i'm sure tire wear sucks butt....but to each his own...whatever that means

#21 ·
With spindle install an alignment is usually necessary. In my case very necessary. My tires were toe-ing out ridiculously. Me and my dad got it pretty close at home messing with the tie rods, I may just wait till I get rims to get an 'official' alignment.

Photo - I am one person that has heard Tony's flowmasters. I had a flowmaster and I requested a non-delta flow at the shop. After hearing Tony's Flows I was POSITIVE i had delta flows and not non-deltas. Sounded WAY BEEFIER. Delta = Garbage.

Get your blazer slammed for real. You will appreciate it so much more. I went 2/3 with spindles and blocks. I helped but mostly watched lol- Tony do the spindles then did mine, both installs were no problem. It's something you should see for yourself or talk to someone like Tony before tackling it yourself though. 3" blocks doesn't need c-notch, but should trim the bumpstops to soften up the ride.

#22 ·
Photo - I live out in vallejo myself but travel 680 everyday to get to work. Maybe I'll run into you in concord one day, or especially if you go to the Concord races saturday nights, i myself haven't been there lately though.

I've also seen a red blazer X in vallejo cruising around (had to be an '02, no red in '01) plus theres another black Blazer X in fairfield somewhere with altezzas, so they're starting to come out of the woodwork in the Bay area...

I'm still one of the few lowered so far though!! Damn that feels good! LOL

#25 ·
I can't wait!!!!!!!!

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INPUT AND HELP. (I WAS BLIND BUT I SEE ALITTLE NOW) :thumbup:

Also Tony my rims are 18x8.5 I hope this will not hurt me when the drop comes!!!!!!!!

#26 ·
ya thats the main reason i want rims and lowering so bad....guy at my college thinks hes the $hit in his stock x p/u....i know my place i havent down anything to it yet but when i'm down he'll feel a lil goofy :D what is a good exhaust for an v6 s-10?...i havent heard a good one around where i live.....i want it to sound big and bad like a mustang (i'm not really a mustang gt fan) but they're sound is very intimadating.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.