S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a week ago my blazer was running horrible.....was having carb backfire and stalled everytime i let off the gas...so i replaced all the vacuum hoses and rebulit the entire carb....went to go start up my blazer is it still ran like shit....no back fire but it still stalls and runs slower......what is going wrong? im really sick of having a 1984 truck and want to sell it and get something better .....unless i can figure out what hte hell is wrong ?!?!?!?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
hmm carb backfire usually is timeing or maybe some plug wires out of order.

Go thru and make sure everything is ok first there. also make sure your mixture is good.

·
Old School Static
1,019 Posts
My 94 jimmy was running like a$$ until I changed the spark plugs. All of them looked good and I was getting worried until I changed the one against the drivers side firewall, and the electrode was burnt down even with the threads. Now everything is running GREAT !!! Maybe that will help

·
Registered
403 Posts
Remeber what I told you before, In your last post.
Now I can say "I told you so"

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good news ...truck runs awsome now....it was the distributor...spark plug wires ...and some random vacuum hose wasnt attached that was letting alot of air in.....and i had to rebuild the carb it was nasty..one of the airways was compleetly blocked with gunk ...now my blazer idles, starts and runs betteer than ever

1 - 6 of 6 Posts