S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any cons to makin the siderails on a Blazer straight when doin a new frame? I see some makin em straight and some building the new frame inside the stock frame.. I know it'd be harder to position body mounts, but... just wonderin..

·
Registered
180 Posts
youl be really strapped for space.. especially the space for the exaust in between the frame and tranny

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe he'll see this thread. I may just build the new frame inside the stock frame for extra strength and also so I wont have to **** around tryin to position the body mounts... that could turn out to be a pain.. that's how Slammy's doin Draggin's blazer and that's how IFCustom does most of theirs as well.... seems like the better way to do.

·
13 dimes later
23 Posts
i stock floored my 4 door used 2 x 3 x 1/4 inside the bottom of the frame welded up tight nsolid chopped the top frame off capped the frame rail in the front /top where it was open w it cut down then cut off n lowered cab mounts relocated exaust n raised tranny hump n drive line tunnel (still stayed under stock carpet 4" total stock floor was fun took time but is sweet to drive still has complete back seat pics on my ssmprofile i post this cause i guess that is what your trying to get help with? any questions ask me thnx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts