S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4 bangin and love it
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally finishing the setup on my truck and gettin rid of the paddle valves, and i have a question. Where is the best place to put my valves at? I would say inside would be the best, but i dont want all the noise when i dump 'em. So where is the best place outside the truck? i was thinking about putting them between trhe last crossmember and the trailler hitch, then putting a piece of plexi or lexan to keep road trash from having easy access to them. where do ya'll suggest? side note, where's good place for a second compressor?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I've got my valves inside, there on my tank and then a piece of straight pipe is ran down through the floor for the dumps. Little if any noise from inside the truck from them. Also had comps inside before I switched to an EDC and I hated it, I've seen people make a nice bracket and put them behind the pasg. rear wheel

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
yea compressors inside sucks, but valves are fine if you run dumps outside
Yeah, mine used to be on a sheet metal floor before it was dynamated and carpeted. So glad I went with an EDC now

·
4 bangin and love it
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha ha, i hadn't thought about just running line outside the truck. i'll probably just do that then. but i'm deffinatly not puttin the compressors inside, and i'd rather not run edc, so where are some other good places? i put my current compressor in the driver front fenderwell by the charcoal canister, is there anywhere like that that i could place another one?

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
I've got my valves inside, there on my tank and then a piece of straight pipe is ran down through the floor for the dumps. Little if any noise from inside the truck from them. Also had comps inside before I switched to an EDC and I hated it, I've seen people make a nice bracket and put them behind the pasg. rear wheel
Im sure its somewhere in there.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i put the valves in the compartment that held the jack and tireiron behind the mount for the spart tire on a 2wd blazer. then ran the dumps out through the floor.

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
all of my air management is inside my blazer, its hidden under a flase floor in the very back. my comps aren't any louder than they were when they were outside, right behind the rear wheels.

i'd say put the valves inside, and put mufflers on them if you dont wanna hear them. i have them on mine and even sitting inside, i can barely hear it when i lay it out. outside the truck, you dont hear a thing

·
giggity
1,967 Posts
hmm.... everything mounted under false floor with some dampener doesn't sound like a bad idea as long as you got good ventilation. I don't have a blazer tho so I dunno...

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
Yea. The floor is 1/2" mdf covered in carpet. I have sound extra sound deadener to put on it, and that should help even more

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
dont forget lance said that putting an extra 2feet of air line on the intake side of your comps helps keep the sound down

1 - 15 of 15 Posts