S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just put in a new dual radio into my 2002 Blazer Xtreme, and hooked everything up..(what I thought was accordingly) but now when I turn off my truck the radio stays on for a couple minutes, and it dings like the key is still in the ignition after you take it out, also all the running lights stay on too. Any help appreciated thanks!

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,382 Posts
1. Check the forum you want to post in to make sure it's the correct area.

2. Did you use a conversion harness, or hack and splice?

3. Your Blazer also has RAP...Retained Accessory Power. Are you still in the truck with the doors closed when it happens? If not...see #2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

3. Your Blazer also has RAP...Retained Accessory Power. Are you still in the truck with the doors closed when it happens? If not...see #2
[/QUOTE]

Hack and splice, and I can get out of the truck and it will ding and radio will stay on for 3-5 minutes then shut off. And sorry bout that, thanks for putting me in the right one.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,382 Posts

Hack and splice, and I can get out of the truck and it will ding and radio will stay on for 3-5 minutes then shut off. And sorry bout that, thanks for putting me in the right one.
[/QUOTE]
Do yourself a favor and repair what you cut, then get the conversion harness from Metra.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I highly suggest that you wire up the original wires exactly how it was from the factory and then purchase a proper kit, most auto part stores have them in stock.

Use solder and heat shrink on the factory wires to make it a more permanent repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts