S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need some help locating some parts...
I have my 95-97 Blazer Grill..for my 96 S-10 i am doin the Blazer Conversion....well i need some help locating some parts to complete the conversion

I need the following
Left and Right Composite Headlights off of a 95-97 Blazer
Left and Right Mounting Bracker for the headlights also!!

There aren't any junkyard around this way that has them...soo..if you guy could check around and let me know..it would be much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
try ebay or from any aftermarket parts place, good luck, they shouldn't be hard to find at all though, but good prices depending on where you live is the thing

·
Registered
13 Posts
blazer headlights

Hey dude, the composite headlights should have the brakets to hold them on in place. They fit perfectly to the radiator support, the holes are already there and they are easy to instal. I got mine from the local dealer (knew the parts guy, got the grille and lights for $200) but a buddy of mine bought his from a local car dismantler, aftermarket, think he paid about $250 for both lights. Good luck man

·
Registered
287 Posts
hey man i've looked at mine(i've done the same conversion), and for some reason my headlights light upwards. in other words they don't shine on the ground when lit, the glare is up, and i've tried to mess with the little adjusters on each side of each headlight, but no luck, am i doing it wrong? what can i do?

·
Registered
224 Posts
those blazer lights!!!

Thats cause tey arent wired right. you have to get theright pigtail connectors to make them work right. I h this conversion on my 94'ss, and once I got the right connectors(there is a major difference), everything worked out fine. And to the guy that originally posted this forum, do the right thing and buy good parts!! Nothing is worse than seeing a truck with subpar components, just cause the owner didnt have the cash at the time!!! Just save your bucks, and do it right the first time!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
HEY!!!

Dont take this the wrong way either, I know everyone is down on the bucks right now, so I dont want to seem like a dickhead! I just think stock looks a lot better than some cheapass effort, you know!!! I tried in vain to get hese headlights cheaper, but it just dont work that way!! Good luck to you any ways, and I hope your truck turns out sweet, I know Iloved the way my frontend looked the way with those lights!!! And if anyone is wondering how I did that bumper, I took the ends off a 99' that was in a junkyard, and sectioned them, then welded them onto the ends of the 94 bumper(I didnt want that dip thats on the 97 and up bumpers). Just to let you know...If you get your lights ceaper though...Id say you were lucky!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
i went to the dealer and got the pigtails from them, so what do i do? go back and let them know about that? what are the correct part numbers anyway?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am not doing a wack ass effort.....i bought the grill new for $80 through work....i got the pigtail new for $4 a piece through work...just the head lights are still $200 a piece without the brackets....soo..i mean...you know..i don't **** golden eggs....don't get me wrong though i am not takeing you comments personelly. But just not all of us have the money to get candy coated paint and all that good stuff....like my tags say. lowbgt.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh and one other thing my **** will turn out good...i work at a GM dealership with a body shop...soo..if some the F*cks up it can propably be unf*ucked!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
kool

If you get those pigtails that cheap, you should buy a whole bunch of them and sell them. I paid $90 for a set for my truck-and that was with a discount! Good luck

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh yeah...

Try going to a aftermarket body shop supplier and get the lights. Theyll comewith the brackets, but theyll still cost abou 2bills a piece. Again, good luck

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got some

i got some from a junkyard....$68 for both minus one braket....but they are in hella good shape....oh and get this the Pep-Boys here in Richmond.. has the bulb sockets for $3.48 a piece....soo...that is a lot better than $90..i am not really sure why you came up with $90....but from my experience and all with cars and trucks...i think i can do the wiring for a lot less that $90....sooo...i dont know...it all gravy i guess..

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think!!!??

I think alot of you guys are mistaken....if you splice the plugs in from aftermarket plugs...then you have to buy 4 plugs. 2 for each side!! High and low beam..are seperate on the composite lights...soo...maybe that is something you guys did not know...maybe it will help somebody save some $...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
one more thing

there is absolutley no difference whatsoever in the aftermarket plugs and the oem plugs...b/c GM has to license all aftermarket products before they cam be manufactured...at least that is how i understood it!

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
The link above will get you the headlights for 160 shipped. That is for both. If you want factory pay the price. If you want cheap check put the link. Whatever works, I can buy three set for 1 factory set. Factory isn't that much better. To each his own in my book though. Later

1 - 20 of 21 Posts