S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about this? I've heard that the S-Blazers have 2 piston front calipers, as the trucks only have 1 piston calipers? Can they be swapped out, with no modifications or will they even work on the trucks? I've also heard that the drop spindles for the Blazers are different and more expensive than the trucks' drop spindles? Well, I was just curious about it? Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help, but I'm not buying that much more stuff. I just bought drop spindles and Powerslot rotors last year for my Xtreme. I know the drop spindles are more for the Blazers and I'm not sure how much the Powerslots are for the Blazers?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Do a search on here, recent threads have a lot of info. Exact size comparisons of rotors and square inches comparisons of calipers. Bottom line, unless you get a low mileage setup cheap it is not worth the time and money to put the blazer brakes on.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
SSBC makes a dual piston caliper kit that would work with your current setup, for about the same price you'd spend on all the parts for the blazer swap. Summit Racing carries it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
PSYKO_Inc said:
SSBC makes a dual piston caliper kit that would work with your current setup, for about the same price you'd spend on all the parts for the blazer swap. Summit Racing carries it.

AgAIN DO A SEARCH, the SSBC caliper you are referring to has 38mm dual pistons. Just for reference the BLAZER brake upgrade that everyone thought was a good deal has 45 or 46mm
dual pistons which is about 5 square inches of area versus the 4.92 of the stock single piston caliper. You don't need to do any figuring to see these SSBC are a shiny DOWNGRADE and would give you much less pressure at the rotor. SEARCH....................

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Jetmeck said:
AgAIN DO A SEARCH, the SSBC caliper you are referring to has 38mm dual pistons. Just for reference the BLAZER brake upgrade that everyone thought was a good deal has 45 or 46mm
dual pistons which is about 5 square inches of area versus the 4.92 of the stock single piston caliper. You don't need to do any figuring to see these SSBC are a shiny DOWNGRADE and would give you much less pressure at the rotor. SEARCH....................
hmm.... thats interesting. So basicly the blazer swap is the best setup to run then?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
98layinframe said:
hmm.... thats interesting. So basicly the blazer swap is the best setup to run then?

NO, SEARCH FOR THREAD "BLAZER BRAKE SWAP" AND WILL FIND OUT THAT SO CALLED UPGRADE IS NOT WORTH THE TIME OR MONEY. Unless you find a low mileage setup CHEAP forget it, read the thread carefully, I did a lot of running around measuring stuff at auto parts for this deal.

For more info on the so called SSBC caliper upgrade search for thread "SSBC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts