S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has a 2nd gen blazer with the factory air compressor in the back? I was reading through the manual and noticed it was an option, placed in the back behind the passenger rear hub. I have onstar where the compressor would have been but there is a cover that reveals nothing, im guessing it would house the connections and controls for the compressor. has anyone heard of this?

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
where are you talking about, behind the passenger hub? I have an 01 Blazer and can check when I go to lunch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea ive got an 01 blazer 4dr, ive got the huge onstar thing but there is a plastic cover on the passenger side when I open the back hatch that reveals.....more plastic. i suppose its where the compressor goes.

Edit: I discovered this and then read about the compressor in the owners manual, so I have no real proof it's out there.

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
I will check mine out in just a few.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only the bravada had it? damn that would be good to get my hands on, i wonder if they're good for anything besides airing up pool toys...

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
that is pretty cool. unfortunately, nothing like that on my blazer.

·
Banned
236 Posts
the air shocks were on the envoy only, and the compressor itself is mounted between the frame rail and the passenger side bumper end cap, where the evap canister is on the driver sidee. the door on the blazer is just for general storage, i had an 01 Blazer X that had that also.

I was wanting to get one of these factory compressors to fill my tank for the bags, but i dont think it would be be big enough to fill a 5 gal tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts