S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ideas for the back of my Blazer, which is pretty much stock despite the Gaytezzas (altezza tail lights) that I want to ditch..

I'm sure this has been done at some point, but could you post pics of newer or 2nd Gen Blazers that have been shaved with Caddy lights, LEDs or any other thing done?

This winter I want to do a few things and I'm trying to start doing the reseach now to get a plan...

·
Registered
114 Posts
you could loose the rear bumper, and put a Pick up roll pan on the rear. You would need to go to the salvage yard and cut up a bed from a fleet side for the sides

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont know that I would shave it. The rear end looks pretty boring as it is. I was thinking of buying a tire carrier for mine just to break it up a little.

If your truck is a sport truck you might consider doing something on the tailgate. A big inset bowtie would look sweet.

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1LEBlazer said:
I dont know that I would shave it. The rear end looks pretty boring as it is. I was thinking of buying a tire carrier for mine just to break it up a little.

If your truck is a sport truck you might consider doing something on the tailgate. A big inset bowtie would look sweet.
Well I guess each to his own, but to me that suff is for 4x4s and other trucks... I like mine sleek and clean and shaven...

Only because I (and most others) know what it looked like before and can recognise the differents....

But thats just my opinion... We all have them, thats what makes this custom stuff so cool...

·
Registered
114 Posts
1LEBlazer said:

I agree if its 4wd lift it and do some tire carrier stuff and leave the bumpers, you need them if you go off road.

I seen the Blazer in the sig and thought he had 2wd. I dont think the shaving would be a good idea on 4wd unless your just in the 4x4 thing for the look and not the capabilities off road.

·
Registered
211 Posts
as far as shaving the rear end....do it. i hope to eventually do it to mine when it becomes my alternative car. i figure i'll keep it and make it my toy after i graduate and get a big kid car. tons of people have done it. you will have to cut your frame a bit. as mentioned get some rear panels from a truck and a rollpan. of course weld the roll pan, looks best for the smoothest look. and caddies should not be too hard.
as for off roading.....a bumper is not always necessary. especially not with our s10s and blazers. the rear bumper is a piece of crap and will get destroyed upon contact with any rock...mine did. best thing would be to pull the stock one and put a big chunk of steel in the shape of a bumper in its place.
when mine becomes a toy it's getting a lot of work done. of course it will loose the lift and tires. probably just a simple 350 swap with some goodies. the rearend shaved and shortened as forementioned. all four rear side windows will be taken out and smoothed over. i have plans for the rear hatch window.....as in it will not be there as it is (smaller and different opening). a slight lowering of suspension only for performance aspects. would like to do a 4 link in the rear with coilovers for pure performance with a ford 9". a five speed tranny to match the new powerhouse. full rollcage inside. racing seats in front. no rear seats. fuel cell. somehow fiberglass entire interior, including a custom dash (will not look anything stock). of course everything on the outside shaved...roof rack, handels, etc. classic hot rod style rims and rear lights. it will receive a hot rod style paint job. one piece front end with custom hood and front end. the main theme will be a new model vehicle with a classic look and styling with of course modern upgrades. basically i just gave all my plans away, but oh well.

·
3,255 Posts
Doesn't any companies make roll pan's for blazers? I've been looking and i haven't found any and thats the first thing i wanna do. Hopefully in the end my whole rear will be shaved with a slanted license plate on the gate.

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
digital_xtreme said:
Doesn't any companies make roll pan's for blazers? I've been looking and i haven't found any and thats the first thing i wanna do. Hopefully in the end my whole rear will be shaved with a slanted license plate on the gate.
Is this what you are talking about????

I think they make one...

But :dunno:

Just kidden.... :angel:

Try R.A.W.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the reason you cant find a roll pan for a blazer is that the frame sticks out past the tail gate so you cant really put a pan on it with out cuttin the frame down.

·
Registered
211 Posts
you don't need anything from the stepshaver thing. just get the rear lower panel from a s-10 pickup....it is shorter than the one on our blazers cuase their frames aren't as long. just add a rollpan to that and your set.........that is after you cut your frame down a bit.

·
Registered
211 Posts
probably fiberglass......and i think it's around $300 or so.

·
Registered
211 Posts
or some type of plastic.

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah that was probably done using that RAW kit. it probably would be easier just to use panels from a S-10 from a junk yard or something. then fiberglass the gap or whatever to connect them to the rollpan if you want or just leave it.

B

·
0 Posts
so is there any work that you have to do to use the s10 pan

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah you have to cut the frame down at the backend of the blazer to fit a s10 pan.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts