S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Blazer 2000, a four-wheel drive 4.3 engine that loses a lot of engine oil, for example, it loses 1 liter every 80 km at a speed of 100 km, what is the problem?
Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Sky

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,135 Posts
S10's are not exactly known for being leak free. Get in there and clean everything off and watch for the leaks.

Reactions: ala_frosty

·
Registered
2002 S10 2WD (4.3L, AT)
308 Posts
If there's no leak and the oil is disappearing, then you must be burning it.....should see a lot of smoke out the exhaust. How many miles/km on the vehicle?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,135 Posts
Smoke was lost while driving with a force of the vehicle 255,000 km As for normal driving, there is no smoke
Only 2 places it can go...up in smoke, or leaking on the ground. It's unusual to find an S10 that doesn't leak. I'd park it and slide a big piece of cardboard under the engine.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Take off the oil fill cap and while running, see if a lot of smoke is puffing out. If the underside is packed with mud and dirt, it may be leaking and it being adsorbed into the dirt/mud and you not see a leak.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The most common area for leaks is going to be the engine oil cooler lines, with your mileage I would be very surprised if it is not leaking.

If it is leaking from the oil cooler be sure to use AC Delco/GM Genuine for the replacement.

·
Registered
990 Posts
There is no smoke from oil fill cap
The smoke will come from the exhaust pipe. It's either leaking on the ground when you're driving or going out the tailpipe. Those are your only two options. Try starting it up with a large piece of cardboard under the engine and leave it idling for half an hour. Check for oil drips. It's very unlikely that there aren't any!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts