S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1098 Posts

·
LS ONE
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My swap actually started about 2 years ago with the purchase of a rebuilt LS1 from a 2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air. In that time I've been acquiring parts and doing a detailed beautification of the engine, as well as reading and studying as much as I could about the swap process. The victim, umm, I mean the candidate, is a Black 2001 S10 stepside that everyone that knows me calls "Blackie". I've been modding it from the first week I bought it back in the spring of 2003. Blackie is a show truck, but not a trailer queen, she gets driven, but very selectively, never in winter, and never in rain (except to and from shows). Blackie rolled off the assembly line on August 31st of 2000, so she's actually going on 11 years old. Here's some pics of what I'm working with:

·
It's a 4. something
3,980 Posts
I know this is about the engine but that interior is freaking amazing! What color is the interior painted?

Also, what all did you do to the valve covers, they look painted in the pic?

·
LS ONE
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this is about the engine but that interior is freaking amazing! What color is the interior painted?

Also, what all did you do to the valve covers, they look painted in the pic?
Thanks guys, the interior color is Honda/Acura Silverstone Mic, it's one of the two silvers used on the S2000.

The valve covers are painted, but most of the work was in smoothing them, the castings were horrible.

The coil packs are just painted truck coils, I liked the red color of the MSD cps, but the truck packs perform better.

I replaced all the mounting hardware with stainless steel allen heads and polished them out myself

·
Killing Time
5,864 Posts
I've liked your truck since the first time I saw it on here...Those wheels are sex and the stance is perfect...I think I may be taking some of your ideas with painting/polishing some of front drive acc. brackets...Like with the allen head polished bolts etc...(Luckily Fastenal is right up the road) I like the billet steps on the stepside..I've though about getting those or just smoothing the top....Anything done engine wise??

·
LS ONE
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've liked your truck since the first time I saw it on here...Those wheels are sex and the stance is perfect...I think I may be taking some of your ideas with painting/polishing some of front drive acc. brackets...Like with the allen head polished bolts etc...(Luckily Fastenal is right up the road) I like the billet steps on the stepside..I've though about getting those or just smoothing the top....Anything done engine wise??
Engine's pretty much stock, but it does have an LS6 intake (I'm in the process of smoothing and painting it), and it has the bee-hive valve springs so it's ready for an LS6 cam, doubt I will be swapping cam though. Oh, and I've been waiting 6 months for my long tube headers from CPW, I was gonna start the thread when they arrived but I couldn't hold out any longer. The LTs should be arriving any day now, I think?

·
Killing Time
5,864 Posts
Are all of those billet pieces KIAK products?? Speaker grilles , Vents , pass side sissy bar... etc??

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
That truck is insanely clean! Good luck with the swap!

·
LS ONE
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are all of those billet pieces KIAK products?? Speaker grilles , Vents , pass side sissy bar... etc??
some of the billet is from Kaik, some is from Billet Specialties, couple of pieces from Billet and Acrylic, Billetin, Empire, and the billet pedels are from Trenz

·
Killing Time
5,864 Posts
All I have chrome in the interior right now is the Envoy handles that I just installed...I'd like to have a billet auto column shifter and maybe a few other peices..I need to cut out the 3rd brake light sheetmetal from a std. cab like yours and weld/mold the trimmed piece into my ext. cab spot so that my LED brake light will fit properly...I don't normally like smoother interiors but yours is tasteful and clean...
What the overall plans/goal for the truck?

·
LS ONE
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All I have chrome in the interior right now is the Envoy handles that I just installed...I'd like to have a billet auto column shifter and maybe a few other peices..I need to cut out the 3rd brake light sheetmetal from a std. cab like yours and weld/mold the trimmed piece into my ext. cab spot so that my LED brake light will fit properly...I don't normally like smoother interiors but yours is tasteful and clean...
What the overall plans/goal for the truck?
First I want to get the engine in, then get it running, after that, I'll work on making the engine compartment appear as wireless as possible, won't be easy

1 - 20 of 1098 Posts