Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I was thinking about shooting up my stock tails with some night shades and throwing them on my truck.. i wasnt gonna go that dark but what do you guys think? any legallity problems?

·
Grounded 4 Life
2,158 Posts
jeez grave digging from '03. Mike, if you come back to the awesome thread, for a second there i thought you were going to be "different" and go back to stock tail from the caddies haha

·
wait...what?
377 Posts
Here were my ugly ass alteeza's that came on the truck.
I blacked them out using diluted black basecoat, then I clear coated them.

You can see factory lights here smoked out using the same process.
I took these from a friend since we're putting Samurai lights on his Sonoma, because the alteeza's don't really light up much...lol

Here's my Impala with the lights done the same way.

As far as legality goes, I was pulled over once in my Impala.
The cop was asking me stuff and let me go.
But as he was walking away, he said "By the way, your tail lights are illegal."
But he didn't give me any tickets.
I lent my mother my truck once, and she got pulled over.
She was friends with the cop, so he just told her that the tail lights are illegal to tell me to change them.

No tickets.

At those times, both of my cars were prepped for paint, with primer spots.
They both looked like crap.
I have since sprayed both of my vehicles, and haven't got pulled over once.

A friend of mine (the one who I took his stock smoked out lights) has been pulled over multiple times.
They gave him a ticket for having his tag leaning sideways on more than one occasion, and they never mentioned anything about the blacked out tail lights.

My cousin had his tail lights, headlights, and turn signals blacked out on his ranger.
He got tickets for his headlights being blacked out, but they didn't tell him anything about the tail lights.

I have had plenty cops behind me at lights, during the day time.
And I haven't had any problems thus far.
I'm sure eventually a cop would harass me about it.
I guess it doesn't bother some cops.

·
51,327 Posts
rules vary from state to state, i had some that were more of a black cherry color, than anything, way lighter than any of the ones posted on here. and i got pulled over for them. just ask a cop or someone and get some firsthand info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.