Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
Dash out now......waiting on me.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #764 ·
Okay so last time I was working on this wiring my fullsize took a dump and I had just sold the gxsr so the s10 got thrown back together to give me a usable vehicle for work. I am cleaning all this crap up now. Input is welcome. I know my power windows had a loose connect somewhere so that is one priority. James will be soldering connections this go around. Also putting in firewall grommets to reduce heat coming into cab from motor and get it sealed up from the elements. On to the pics.

Old firewall driver's side just stuffed under the dash..removed it to free up space and reuse it. After moving fuse center into cab it didn't stretch to correct spot.

Gone.

Passenger heater core hole. Need to seal it up.

Random stupid routing.

Comparison between old and new.

Where I originally moved the harness too. Ugly. Gonna seamseal it this round. Plan is to redo entire firewall one day while motor is out.

Had to move the poker table to house the fresh painted camper shell. Memory foam for the win! Hah.

·
murse
13,200 Posts
Dude keep plugging on this thing. Love it.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #767 ·
I make sweet grommets. haha. Reused factory one and then made two for the passenger side out of a rubber floor mat. Just need to keep heat and water out. I used gasket sealer on firewall side and filled backside with a caulk that doesn't fully dry similar to the factory white stuff. Finishing the passenger side tonight and then gonna put some water to it to make sure no leaks. I got the hydroboost mounted up. Need to attach lines next.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #769 ·
Jsmooth looking cool at a local show.

Dope wheels spotted on craigslist! OG.

Crappy booster pic.

Caulk.

Double layered the firewall.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #771 ·
Work was a little busy last week so I took the night off and drank a few beers. Gonna get the firewall finished up this afternoon I hope. Pics when I get something done.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #772 ·
Moving right along. Firewall is water proof and so on to the floor. Second layer of fatmat down.

Noico mat down too.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #773 ·
Pics. Warming the carpet a bit.

More seam sealer. I will spray it black later.

Helper.

Finally cleaned the vent up. When I had taken the ac duct off the dash you could see the fat mat and wires in there. Much better now. Dash also a lot stiffer. There were a lot of loose and missing bolts. All buttoned up now.

Carpet in. Gonna let it ride for awhile then trim and maybe heat gun and adhesive. Few ripples here and there but all in all it fits great for a traditional body drop.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #774 ·
Got a lot of little stuff finished up. Ran wiring to dome light, ran air line to gauges, switchpad wiring, rca wires and remote for amp ran too. Got the power windows working again and fixed a few things on my door panel. Passenger seat is in and bolted down now. Ext cab passenger plastic is on. Gonna leave the driver seat out until the sub box is in. Wiring on the subs is the next step. Managed to cut the F out of my damn index finger trimming some plastics. Sucked.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #775 ·
James doing some wiring of the subs.

Painted that shiny billet.

Been waiting awhile to put this sucker on.

LC1 for one bass control for both amps.

Cleaning up the stereo install. Chris did most of this.

Need to finish bleeding the power steering.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #777 ·
No ac but it sure does look cool........ha. Took one night off to roll with ssdually to Ryan's Sheetmetal Designs to check in on his metro van interior being riveted together. Took a rolling photo of him.....too much fun.

System is live!!!! Needs tuning at the shop. Neighbors suck.

Used the hot stapler to hold the new aluminum vent covers on. Used old piece of valence.

Random dope purple/white seats at the junkyard. Upholstery was actually done well.

My shit is looking dope if I do say so myself. Thinking a nice black sticker with billet specialties cut out of it to cover a little bit of that horn button up.

Score at the junkyard for $7. Chris paid so I snagged him some bravada ac knobs while shopping. This is the last panel I was missing. Goes behind the third door plastic.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #778 ·
Brakes are badass and system sounds great. Interior is 99%.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Truck is looking sick. I may have missed it but how did you end up lowering your seat? Did you just shorten the seat brackets or did you lower the floor?

761 - 780 of 801 Posts