S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a pic of my Billet Grill i installed on Wednesday. It was harder to install than i thought it was. Lots of cutting too. Hopefully the next pic I post will be with new wheels and hood. Later, Brandon

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
choppingXtreme said:
Here's a pic of my Billet Grill i installed on Wednesday. It was harder to install than i thought it was. Lots of cutting too. Hopefully the next pic I post will be with new wheels and hood. Later, Brandon

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
some of the billet inserts out there require removal of the honeycomb mesh garbage that is on there stock. i think it looks a lot better than the ones that just zip tie in place. but then again, thats only my opinion :thumbup:

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had to cut out the mesh grill with a jigsaw. Took about 3 hours to do taking my time not to srcatch my paint. Then had to cut out notches for the billet grill to slip in through the back Then took some rivets and riveted the Billet in. Took about 4-5 hours to do the whole thing. But it looks alot better. Later, Brandon

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
dayum.....i now not to go with trenz now......it does look hella good but if for some reason i wanted to take the billet grille out, i don't wanna have to worry bout there being a big ass whole in tehe front end....late

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
choppingXtreme said:
I had to cut out the mesh grill with a jigsaw. Took about 3 hours to do taking my time not to srcatch my paint. Then had to cut out notches for the billet grill to slip in through the back Then took some rivets and riveted the Billet in. Took about 4-5 hours to do the whole thing. But it looks alot better. Later, Brandon
Ahh, so I see. Mine is zip tied in place and took about 6.7 minutes to do. :D

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
yea when i did the billet on my truck, i had to cut out all the inner crap, then machine the whole back out so i can fit it in front of my camaro fans. then just drilled holes in the lip, and they supplied rivets, but i dont like the idea of it being kinda permantly atteched so i just drilled and tapped the grill and put in machine screws. but that looks damn good bro. lata

dave

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
DoubleDown said:
some of the billet inserts out there require removal of the honeycomb mesh garbage that is on there stock. i think it looks a lot better than the ones that just zip tie in place. but then again, thats only my opinion :thumbup:
who could you have heard that from ;}

1 - 16 of 16 Posts