S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I need to know the biggest size of rubber that I can fit on the rear... im on stock Xtreme 16".... stock ride hight... will 285's fit? Thanks.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
i dont think anybody makes anything that wide in a 16

you can get 265/50/16s or 295/50/16s but the 295s will budge alot & are very tall

·
Registered
466 Posts
I,ve got 265/50/16 bfgoodrich t/a's on my 2001x. They fit no problem, look wide from the back but not too wide on the rim. But I get way worse traction then with my stock goodyears.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I had 295/50/16 on my x wheels for a while and they did bulge and were kinda tall like samdog said but damn I thought they looked good that is about as fat a tire that you are gonna fit in the back without them either rubbing or sticking out and if you are gonna lower truck any more than 2" your gonna have to trim out the rear fenders cause they will rub bad
heres some pics of it (its got a stepside bed now)

and heres one pre (ZQ8 springs) with a 2/3 drop on Zq8 wheels

hope this helps you out a little

·
Registered
726 Posts
samdogmx said:
if wanna buy bigger rims you can get 335/30/18 on the back with a lil fender lip rolling
http://www.s10forum.com/modules.php...ers_Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
ok well just out of sheer curiousity what size wheels are you running and what kind of bs'ing
and also and this is a little more important because I may need to know this alot sooner (wanna put 295's on my truck again soon)
how exactly did you go about rolling your fender lip
I ended up completely trimming the fender lip completely out of the truck on my fleetside bed so I could run the 295's with ZQ8 plus 3" drop but now I have my stepside bed and I dont wanna trim these fenders like I did the others but if I could get away with "GENTLY" rolling the fenders I would prefer to do that so I dont have to lift the truck back up to run 295's
I would rather have wide tires in the back than a slammed truck if thats what I have to do I will lift it back up but if I can keep it slammed I would like to have my cake and eat it too if ya know what I mean

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
18 x 10 5.5 bs

I just used a hammer & beat the inner lip up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts