S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight I just got another pioneer 12 in. Can I bridge two of the subs on the amp. Its a small one 240 max. If I put one sub on each channel they will be getting 70 watts each at 4 ohms which isnt enough. If I bridge both would they be getting 120watts at 2 ohms? Cause its rated 120x1 bridged.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
why not get a 2 channel amp? or a mono? thing is, that amp doesnt say what ohms its stable to, and it needs to be 2-ohm mono stable for you to bridge it for your subs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would go with the second one.....(I could be wrong here...and I'm sure I will be corrected if I am).....but, I could find anything saying that the pioneer was even 2 ohm stable.... Now I've tried to run speakers in 2 ohm that the amp wasn't capable of doing. I later had to replace my fried amp. The poweracoustic is a 2 ohm stable amp, but I would wire both speaker up mono...that way you get 170watts to each speaker.???? If i'm wong...please correct me, I'm still learing.....

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Im still learning too I dont get all this ohm shit. Is power acoustik any good?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
theyre alright....the amp would be 170x2 IF it said 170 watts RMS x2 @ 2 ohms. if its just 170x1, it would only deliver 85 watts to each sub, i believe.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mono RMS is 170x2

·
Registered
229 Posts
yeah..it's rms170x2.....

yeah...all this ohm stuff can be really confusing...i've got 4 12's that are 8 ohm speakers...but the way I wired them in (not like I had much choice with my amp), it dropped the amp to 2 ohms.

(I think I worded that wrong).......but you get the point

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i should just go buy the acoustik one?

·
Registered
229 Posts
if i had a choice between the two...thats what i'd do...

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and try to sell the one i have.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SMNW2003 said:
Alpine MRP-M350

350wx1 @ 2 ohms. www.etronics.com I think they run $150ish
Isnt 350w alot for a sub rated at 150? or is that 350 split cause your putting two on it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Are you like a spokesman for Alpine???????:dunno:

Not that there's anything wrong with Apline....just seems like everything always come back to Alpine with you.....:lol:

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well I just got a amp from circuit city clearance. Little low on cash So I picked up a Profile Baja amp 400 watt. I just put it in today it sounds ok but Im gettting mad distortion. Is it because the two subs are seperated in the box like sharing the same airspace? If you look on my cardomain i have a pic of the box Im using. BTW each sub is getting 100 watts each on its own channel. If There was some way to get it down to 2 ohms Each would be getting 150 which is there rated RMS.

·
Registered
876 Posts
xtreme2299 said:
Are you like a spokesman for Alpine???????:dunno:

Not that there's anything wrong with Apline....just seems like everything always come back to Alpine with you.....:lol:
no, it's just that he knows what quality is. cause alpine is the shiit:sheep:

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
loudnlowS10 said:
no, it's just that he knows what quality is. cause alpine is the shiit:sheep:
Could use a little help here.:banghead:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts