S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 94 S10 SS 4.3 VORTEC CBI 150,000 MILES WOULD IT BE A GOOD IDEA TO PUT NOS ON IT........IF SO WHAT SIZE SHOT AND WHAT MODS TO MAKE IT WORK BETTER?

·
Registered
920 Posts
umm call it nitrous not nos. keep calling it NOS and eventually someone will get pissed

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Its fine to run it on it... no more than a 55shot tho....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well if you just a 50 shot on it you almost wont know you have it, brecause it is such a small shot. I questions I have is
1. Does it burn oil?
2. What mods do you have?
3. Do you plan on building it soon?
4. How do you want to use it? street/strip?
I have about 110,xxx on my motor with stock insides and i run it hard everyday of its life and I have a 100 shot so i would start small if it feels good try alittle bigger

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
It will go boom! :eek:

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssss

eeeeeeeeesh, everytime i heard it in that movie i wanted to kill someone.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there! 1st post for me, I'm new. I am not new to nitrous, though. The major concern with spraying a high mileage motor is the rings. If you can, do a leakdown test on each cylinder. if you have significant leakage, DON'T SPRAY IT! If your compression is good, go for it, but be wary of which kit you install. If you go with a dry kit(my recommendation) don't shoot over 60hp without providing some sort of fuel system enhancement. If you opt for a wet kit, make sure you have a fuel pressure safety switch hooked up. NOS kits come with these, but other brands like Nitrous Express and Nitrous Works do not. I could go on and on, so if you've got more questions, e- mail me at [email protected]. hope this has been a little helpful.

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I dont want to sound like a jerk, but,

I would have to disagree with mac4.3s10. If you run a 50 horse shot, you will notice a BIG difference. When you look at a kit, they are almost always rated at wheel horse power. If you've got a 4.3, figure about 150-175 rear wheel horse. Sound fair? If you add 50 more wheel horse, You WILL notice it. I also have a 96 Cavi, with a 2.4. When an N.O.S rep came to our work, they brought us what they like to call the "Lil ******* Rental Car Kit". We put it on my Cavi, with only a 35 horse shot, and it was a night and day difference. A guy at work also has a dry N.O.S. system on his 302 Mustang with a 75 horse shot and it drops his Crustang almost a whole second in the quarter. If the motors up to it, you will love it.:bah: :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well nobody has to believe me, but I wouldnt say it if I didnt do it my self. I had a 50 shot in my truck for about 1 block and them went to the 75. A 50 shot wont trow your head back wont make you rev fast it is like putting on a intake with cat back onlu cost alot more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts