S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, heres how it goes.... I just traded someone for a factory cd player and its got that theft deterant crap on and the dude doesnt remember the code. Ive read the manual and that didnt help, so i called the dealership and they said it would cost $25 bucks just to get a code from the GM manu. Does anyone know a code that would work or some way i could get one? It would greatly be appricated. Let me know , Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not positive but Ive heard before that a universal code would be a portion of the vin number for the vehicle. On newer models the theft deterant is vehicle specific, which measn even if power is cut, as long as its plugged back into the same vehicle it will work.

I think that started in 2001. On older models its either up to the user or a preset factory code.

U only get like 3 tries on GM units so Id be careful on how many attempts I would try.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Try this first
** Theftlock Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed.

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, write down the next 3 numbers.

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 202107, press the # button and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM/FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio.

To remove codes, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

you might have to use diffrent buttons to acomplish this depending on your radio. also if you skrew up the code 3 times you will have to leave it powered up for 1 hour for it to reset.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for your help. I followed that list and everything went fine, i dont know where you got that but its the ****. Thanks again, Scott

P.S. If ya ever need anything let me know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So what happens if a person tries more than three times or if pressing 2 and 3 for mor than 10 seconds doesn't do anything???

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Then you have to figure out wich two buttons on your stereo you need to press. or it might be a whole diffrent process for your stereo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts