S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
:-(
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I have decided to stop putting money into my '96 for now. Instead I want to build a dropped 5spd V8 S-10...but I want to know about how much it would cost to build. I figure I can find a 88-92 Extended cab for Under 2 grand to start it off.

My question is about how much money will need to be invested to make the S-10 able to handle a V-8? About how much did you guys put into making your S-10s run with 8 bangers? Lets assume money isn't an issue...when I get back from basic/advanced training for the Air force, I will have plenty.

Thanks guys.

·
Awesome User
10,442 Posts
I got pics of mine on my cardomain page.. www.cardomain.com/id/diablo04

you can do it really cheap, just to get it running, or you can go all out when you start your swap and spend alot of money... so, all I know is shop around and go from there.. www.s10v8.com for ur needs also....

·
Registered
745 Posts
let us spend your money

First off,Good luck with your new job in the Air Force.If you can hang it out 20 years you will never regret it. You really need to know if you want an old school hot rod or something more stealthy.Since you want a manual trans,I would say why not go all out and get you a newer LS engine and six speed.If you want to go faster then put a blower on it. If I where to do it again,I would go this route.They are light,strong and dependable.Another plus is that you can have your power and still remain smog legal.As far as costs go,its really according to how much you can do yourself,and how many of your friends are mechanics and fabricators(lol).Check out some of the trucks on the site,there are several real nice ones.You can see mine under the old thread ;Cleaning her up the final chapter. Later man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts