S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Landscaper
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to do a sound system upgrade in my 2002 Extended Cab S-10. I know the big 3 is a plus/must in this situation. I will be running a 300 watt amp for the speakers and a 900 watt amp for the subs.

Does anyone make a big3 upgrade kit/can anyone make me one if not? I really don't have any crimping/soldering/etc skills and it would be easier for me to pay someone to make me one then it would be to get all the tooling together.

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
All you need is some big pliers or channel locks to crimp it. There is no kit. You have to cut the wires as long as you need them. And get a lighter to put on the heatshrink

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
I've seen people make "kits" before. If you don't have the capabilities, you can always buy battery cables with ring terminals on both ends or go to a stereo shop and tell them the length of wire you need with ring terminals on both ends.

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
i did mine with battery cables from walmart that were on sale, they are 2gauge, bought 3 of them, they even have the ring terminals attached, got all 3 for $5.

best part, no modifying had to be done, they fit PERFECT..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts