S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 586 Posts

·
future Dr. Curly
4,897 Posts

Aight guys,
We havent had an official meet for a while now. We need to start planning for a meet in a couple of months. This should give us enough time to figure out where to have it and enough time for everyone to ask off. We need to make this as big or bigger than the Dec.18 meet.

Hopefully this would allow Vertical Limit guys from GA and TN to make it, and maybe even the GA chapter of VC, as well as all the AL forum members and the Middle TN members. Lets get the ball rolling and have a huge meet. I was thinking we could have a cookout somewhere around. Does Oak Mountain have a place where we could take grills and cookout?

As for directions ...

The Hoover Metropolitan Stadium
Stadium Trace Parkway
Hoover, AL

Directions to the Hoover Met:
Take I-65 to Exit 250 onto I-459 towards Tuscaloosa.
Then take Exit 10 onto John Hawkins Pkwy.
Turn Left onto John Hawkins.
Turn right onto Stadium Trace Pkwy.
Go through one stoplight and the Met is on your left. If you get to the dead end, you went 100 yards too far. You can't miss it!

If you think you may get there later than the initial meet time, PM someone for a cell number that you can call to find out where we are.

Discuss......

Curly

·
future Dr. Curly
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: BHam Meet--let's get this planned

Woody B. Low said:
Me and Jon had recently discussed this meet here > http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231238 although the response to it was very poor. Let's get some more dates and ideas cooking and see what we can come up with. I haven't seen any of ya'll in what seems like ages. Please try and hold comments back.
yeah i saw that, but we need to go big on this meet.... 30+ trucks atleast

....and melissa, i work right down the road from you.... stop by and say hey, since i've seen you across the street at the tanning salon anyways :p

·
SFBD 4 door
7,871 Posts

hey curly man dont forget we have the june 3rd cook out in nashville. we have about 20 trucks so far. we could use some of the bama peeps to show up.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238117 if anything ill show up for this one if it isnt around slammin or the weekend of this cook out.

·
former owner
7,389 Posts

Woody B. Low said:
Me and Jon had recently discussed this meet here > http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231238 although the response to it was very poor.

Poor response is likely because that was a meet that called for going and playing paintball in the cold. Truck meets are just that, Truck meets. We get together and eat, hang out, cruise / drag (those who can). Maybe it's just me, but giving a truck meet a theme like paintball was a bad idea from the get-go.
Also, when I saw playing paintball in that thread I immediately closed it, because I knew that there would be people who aren't interested in paintball or don't want to pay to go to a truck meet. I've never played, but I would definitely be up for it, if it were warmer, but I wouldn't call it a Truck meet. Call it a paintball get together for those interested in playing paintball.

Anyway, we need a list of all the big southeast shows for the next few months. Figure out which weekends are not taken by car shows and go from there.

I'll be there if it's planned for a month or more from now.

·
Searching no more
2,467 Posts

I'd be up for a meet as soon as I get my truck back. I called an hour ago, but the guy that's working on it wasn't there. I'm calling back here in a few b/c he always forgets to call me.

yeah but anyway, we need to get a big meet together. I was hoping to get one started in Montgomery since there's actually a 1/4 mile drag strip there. I think it would be a lot of fun to go out there and race some....especially when I get my truck back :)

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

You guys are all welcome to come out to Atlanta at teh end of this month.... gonna be a blast

·
future Dr. Curly
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

pointless said:
You guys are all welcome to come out to Atlanta at teh end of this month.... gonna be a blast

yeah i dont think i'll be able to make it to that, but wish i could

Tim, here are a list of most of the major shows and a few smaller ones here in the southeast for the rest of the year that i put together

Lay’d Out at the Park – April 8-9 – Morristown, TN
SlamSession Supershow – April 28-30 – Greenville, NC
Showfest – May 19-21 – Greenville, MS
Slammin’ and Jammin’ – May 26-28 – Lebanon, TN
Braggin’ Rights – June 3-4 – Jackson, SC
Midwest DragFest – June 9-11 – Sedalia, MO
The Big Show – June 10-11 – Rockingham, NC
S-Series Nationals – June 16-18 – St. Louis, MO
Scrapin’ the Coast – June 24-25 – Biloxi, MS
Southeast Showdown – July 21-23 – Anderson, SC
Texas Heat Wave – July 21-23 – Austin, TX
Summer Showdown – August 19-20 – Warner Robins, GA
Scrapin’ the Smokies – August 26-27 – Hendersonville, NC
All-Star Event -- -- Millington, TN
SCR8P Fest IX – September 22-24 – Concord, NC
Slamfest – October 7-8 – Tampa, FL
Freak Show 6 – October 19-22 – NC

But yeah, i agree that we need to get this together and plan something.... I'll help organize it if need be.

·
it could be lower.
1,449 Posts

im down for just about any date except the weekend of slammin and jammin. i met some of yous guys from b'ham at the VC meet in huntsville last year but really didnt talk to much of anybody so it'll be nice to meet yall again plus my truck will be bagged by then so maybe i can get in one of curlys infamous videos.

·
future Dr. Curly
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

wrknprogress said:
im down for just about any date except the weekend of slammin and jammin. i met some of yous guys from b'ham at the VC meet in huntsville last year but really didnt talk to much of anybody so it'll be nice to meet yall again plus my truck will be bagged by then so maybe i can get in one of curlys infamous videos.
yessir.... the more, the merrier..... more videos *evil laugh*muahahahahaha*

·
future Dr. Curly
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

what does everyone think of these dates?

Saturday, June 10
Saturday, July 1

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts

wrknprogress said:
yo your in hazel green only 15 minutes south of me you should consider following 3-6 of us to nashville......

·
SFBD 4 door
7,871 Posts

str8*98 said:
what does everyone think of these dates?

Saturday, June 10
Saturday, July 1

i vote july, june 10th is the weekend after the tn meet and 2 weekends after slammin so ill be pressed for money and time. plus thats alot of traveling for all of us who plan to attend all 3 of these events i named.

and wrknprogress i hope u can make it to the tennessee cook out u should take hombre up on the offer to follow it would be sweet as hell man

·
SFBD 4 door
7,871 Posts

TnHombre said:
is it time for our BBQ yet? im huuungry

ok lol. and no not yet. and hey do u have a cardomain site or something?

1 - 20 of 586 Posts