S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a suicide tilt hinge for the hood going on this winter and a flush mount fiberglass tonneau cover. Don't know whats next except re-plumbing the bags to get side to side action. Wadda you think? What does it need?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
gullwing doors!

You gonna have the hood go the same way as the box or have one go one way and one the other?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Suicide door would look sick on that S.:bah: And may be a power sunroof!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hood is gonna go the opposite the direction that General Motors made it to. The bags are firestone with 2 - 3 gallon tanks (soon to be 1 9 gallon tank) and a 60 amp compressor. I would love suicide or maybe gullwing doors but that is a little out of my budget right now and alot out of my talent range.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
dude, it needs a sliding rag top. i might get one, they are sic as hell, and you can get them power too.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:
dude, it needs a sliding rag top. i might get one, they are sic as hell, and you can get them power too.:thumbup:
I was thinking sliding rag, but I hear that they leak like a b!tch...

·
Registered
201 Posts
OR, how about a shell thats on hinges that open opposite the bed hingeds, so when both the bed and the shell hinges are open all the way the shell sits almost level. Just a though for something original!:thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought a flush mount fiberglass tonneau so right now I don't want to do a shell. A friend of mine had a aluminum rail soft tonneau and he tried to hinge it on the side and it ended up as the largest frisbee on the highway that day so I am a little hesitant to try that but your right and I am already lookin into that for my tonneau. I would like to do a sunroof. I agree I think they are too much of a pain. A targa top would be nice. Anybody got a sawzall I can borrow?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
01ZQ8 said:

I was thinking sliding rag, but I hear that they leak like a b!tch...
they dont if you take your time and do it right.:thumbup:

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Or have your truck take its self apart and then put its self back together again. Thatd be cool! :thumbup: LOL!

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
Did you have this truck at Summit Truck Fest? If I remember correctly I saw it behind the building. I was parked pretty close to yours. Looks sweet!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I was there. My daughter had a soccer game so I got there too late to enter but I wouldn't have missed it completely. Where are you at? What does your truck look like?

·
Registered
224 Posts
looks good!

to each his own, but id take that bed hinge off and sell it to some kid that doesnt know any better, thats really the only thing that makes it look goofy-like one those k-mart cruisers from 1988. No offense, but id take off that "pepboys motorsports" antenna and shaveit also. Other than that, yougot a real clean little truck-looks real nice!!!!

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
I thought your truck looked familiar. I took a pic of it at the show. I was in the row behind your truck. Here is the link to my rides that I had there. I got there pretty late myself because it rained that day. But once it cleared up I went. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=327

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice trucks. Did you sell the blue beast yet? I'm glad truckfest wasn't at Norwalk like it was orgianally scheduled. Cool show. Kinda makes me wish I still had my 4 x4. Can't sell the S-10 though. Too much invested & the wife probably couldn't deal with starting over. Are you in a club?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts