S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
PPG sprayin' member
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am tired of buying a new pair of gloves off the Mac truck every couple of weeks. I need a good lo profile glove (such as the Mecanix style) but something that will handle the heat and sparks of everyday fab work. I straight caught my most recent pair on fire today! Shoot me you opinions!

I CANNOT use those big ass traditional welding gloves! Especially fo' TIG!

·
primer is finer
8 Posts
haborfreight or .com, i buy a bunch of stuff for my shop. got mechanics glove for 5 bucks been just as good as the ones i bought on snapon truck. just got three pairs of the the big grey gloves for $8. that cheap if i wear them out quick i don't feel so bad.
shaun

·
PPG sprayin' member
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://store.cyberweld.com/tillmangloves.html

Ive used the first pair listed and they were great!! But cost a purdy penny. The second ones on the list ive been told were good to. but a tad bit more bulky. But they still contour your fingers better than the super thick square finger style

Those are the ones I am actually getting ready to order I think. They look pretty reliable.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
those look like good gloves. all the gloves ive used, the fingers on my left hand glove start to shrivle and get stiff untill i cannot really use it, and then holes burn into them and cause spatter to go into them and now i cant shake it off. they should have an exchange service, im sure someone out there goes through right gloves and could give me there lefts for cheaper and vice a versa.

·
22 psi...stock
3,793 Posts
i use the lincoln electric gloves from home depot for all my welding needs...i have a nunch of harbor freight gloves but they stink like assholes when they get a lil too hot

·
PPG sprayin' member
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those look like good gloves. all the gloves ive used, the fingers on my left hand glove start to shrivle and get stiff untill i cannot really use it, and then holes burn into them and cause spatter to go into them and now i cant shake it off. they should have an exchange service, im sure someone out there goes through right gloves and could give me there lefts for cheaper and vice a versa.
That is what happend today! lol Except the damn rubber on the knuckles bursted into flames!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
damn those torchwear look nice but they better last for that price, i go thru a set a gloves every week and im just doing work on the side..

·
bank owned
3,015 Posts
i use the torch wear gloves, and the mechanics fabricator gloves, both are all leather, both are 40-50 bucks and i have to order online no one carrys them around here, and i cant use the huge gloves as well, and all others catch on fire and burn me.
So would you recommend the Torch Wear gloves? Are they worth the price?

·
**** New Jersey
8,330 Posts
tillman gloves?

·
**** New Jersey
8,330 Posts
http://store.cyberweld.com/tillmangloves.html

Ive used the first pair listed and they were great!! But cost a purdy penny. The second ones on the list ive been told were good to. but a tad bit more bulky. But they still contour your fingers better than the super thick square finger style

i used the 3rd pair, still fits your hand fairly nice, comfortable too!

·
LethalFabrication.com
3,448 Posts
So would you recommend the Torch Wear gloves? Are they worth the price?
yes, they are similar to the MECHANIX FABRICATOR gloves, they are less bulky and dont get in the way like the other Huge gloves, but still offer the leather protection.

And they last longer than the regular mechanicx gloves! - mike

·
bank owned
3,015 Posts
yes, they are similar to the MECHANIX FABRICATOR gloves, they are less bulky and dont get in the way like the other Huge gloves, but still offer the leather protection.

And they last longer than the regular mechanicx gloves! - mike
Sweet man! Thanks, I may ask for a couple of pairs for Christmas!

·
PANFACE
3,388 Posts
if im doing straight welding, i will use some tilman gloves, like the elkskin ones or pigskin or whatever they are. but for doing lots of other stuff i just get some cheap gloves since i know i will rip them up fast when working with all the sharp edges and crap

·
Registered
236 Posts
the tillmans that have the kidskin palm and regular leather back are great for tig, they don't shrink too bad. The mechanics fabricator gloves are real nice too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts