S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best way to plumb my 12 gallon 8 port tank.. i was thinking 4 for the front since its dual ports 2 fills 1 dump, 2 ports for the rear bags, 1 for the drain, and 1 port for the pressure switch, 450 comp, and a york compressorall through a 4 way
T....is there a better way to go about this...dont wanna get another tank cause theres no room in the bed for another tank..and my valves are gonna be mounted on the tank

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
I'll save slammeddime the trouble - The best way to figure it out is to sit down and draw it out on paper to see which is the way you like best.

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont need to know what fittings i need..just wanna know whats gonna give me the most flow...is it ok to have 2 comps and a P/S on the same port cause thats how im gonna do it..just wondering if someone had a better suggestion

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
i wasnt talking about fittings either. it's easier to see how it's gonna flow if it's drawn out (at least it was for me) and if i were to answer your question more in depth i would draw out a couple different scenarios to see which one i thought would work better.......

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
lownslow1988 said:
whats the best way to plumb my 12 gallon 8 port tank.. i was thinking 4 for the front since its dual ports 2 fills 1 dump, 2 ports for the rear bags, 1 for the drain, and 1 port for the pressure switch, 450 comp, and a york compressorall through a 4 way
T....is there a better way to go about this...dont wanna get another tank cause theres no room in the bed for another tank..and my valves are gonna be mounted on the tank
That is how I would do it. With the drain on the bottom of course. What's the point of the 450? Backup when the engine driven fails, heh?

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah mite as well use it for a backup since i already have it

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
wouldnt one 450 for 12 gallons be pushing the compressor way beyond its limits, even if it is for back up tho?

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
its for back up, no biggie.

I have 2 450s fillin my 20 gallons of air, with no problems for a year now.

My P/S is on the same T fitting as 1 of my comps, so its fine.

And you gonna have f,b,s,s? dual ports? you mean on the bags? i guess im getting confused a little on your description.

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah fbss..dual port bags...2 1/2 fills with 5/8 line and 1 1/2 dump for each front bag

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just ordered my engine driven from onboardair.com last nite so it should be here next week

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
xxhowiexx said:
its for back up, no biggie.

I have 2 450s fillin my 20 gallons of air, with no problems for a year now.

My P/S is on the same T fitting as 1 of my comps, so its fine.

And you gonna have f,b,s,s? dual ports? you mean on the bags? i guess im getting confused a little on your description.
20 gallons good god. U must have hours of play time. Everyone around here thinks my 10 gallons was way overkill. Kinda like that guy that was from Canada on the MT cover with 23 1/2 gallons with 6 compressors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts