S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 channel Rockford Fosgate T10001 BD amp with 2 - 4ohm Kicker L7 10's. Should i run them at 1ohm off one channel and have one set of wires running to both? or at 2ohm and they have their own channel? Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its cool all opinions welcome.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
hmm i would say run them at 2 ohm and have their own channel. i looked at your amp online and it doesnt seem to support 1 ohm.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
You wire it like this: i like this one better.....

Rockford Fosgate T10001 BD

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 500 W x 1
RMS Power at 2 Ohms 750 W x 1

i dont think his amp supports a 1 ohm load. but i could be wrong.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
your right. i just googled " Rockford Fosgate T10001 BD spec" and this showed up on 5 different sites.

on Rockford's site it was

RMS Power at 1 Ohms 1000 W x 1

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks bladehines, it IS 1 ohm stable. so i should just use one channel for both subs?

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
yes.
the websites i was looking at didnt show it was 1 Ohm stable. sorry about the confusion. just wire it up like this and you will be fine

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
depends on the amp, and if they are true 1 ohm!

check them! My RE 8's are suppose to be dual 4 ohm , but are closer to dual 3.8's

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how is that bladehines?

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
test it with an ohm meter. positve to positve speaker wire, negative to neg. speaker wire. but you have to do it in a VERY quiet room/inside/in the cab so the sub doesn't move or it will change your ohm reading.

wire them together and test it again and make sure you are not hooked up to your amp. and the meter is on OHM and not volts. if you are hooked to you amp and test ohms while the system is on it will smoke the amp or atleast throw it into protect mode.

i know this from smoking an amp at world finals 2 years ago. needless to say i felt bad and i bought $300 dollars worth of alchohol for everyone!

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what do u mean not hooked up to your amp?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts