S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ability Plus Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2/3 drop using Belltech 2" spindles and belltech 3" blocks... I have hacksawed off half my bumpstop. Let me know my options and pricing plz.:jester:

·
Squid Life
1,771 Posts
1" coils = around $80
cut 1/2 turn off the coils = free
4" blocks = $25
pull a leaf = free
Have leaf dearched = $???
3" leafs + 1" block = $140 + $25

I recommend 1" coils and new 4" blocks...and your going to want to cut the bump stop brackets off.

aphexandy said:
without replacing the stuff you already have, 1" coils, and 1" leafs (if they make them?) if not, 4" leafs.
I'm not positive, but I think all 4" leafs are monos...I'm not a big fan of them.

·
Ability Plus Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think ill go with 1" coils and 4" blocks. is there a company that makes safe 4" blocks?

Will I need aftermarket shocks in addition to cutting off the bumpstop?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
The General said:
I'm not positive, but I think all 4" leafs are monos...I'm not a big fan of them.
Nope... Western Chassis' 4" drop leafs are just a dearched version of bell tech's 3" drop leafs.

·
Squid Life
1,771 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Nope... Western Chassis' 4" drop leafs are just a dearched version of bell tech's 3" drop leafs.

Dearched?? Must be damn near flat!

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
cutting a coils is baaad very baady something you def don't want to do if you want it to right right and last long

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
CustomS10 said:
cutting a coils is baaad very baady something you def don't
want to do if you want it to right right and last long
do you have any proof of this? because you are totally wrong, as long as you keep the spring cool while cutting it, you wil not have any problems. on my truck before i bagged it, i had my passenger side drop coil cut down 1/3 of a turn... the truck rode and handled great.. better then it did when it had that stupid chevy lean.

everybody sayes that the truck will ride bad because the spring was cut.. nope. everyone bases this off what they have heard from people cutting there soft springs on a car.... most cars have a strut with a spring, that provides basicly a 1:1 ratio, so the spring only sees the true weight of the car, but are trucks have at aleast a 2:1 weight ratio on the front springs because of the lever motion of the A arms, the springs see a weight of atleast double the trucks weight. plain and simple, cutting a pair of stock coils, is not the best way to drop the truck, but it will work fine, and ride just fine. just dont cut more than 1 complete coil... that equals about a 3" drop.. any more will ride like total shit.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
98layinframe said:
do you have any proof of this? because you are totally wrong, as long as you keep the spring cool while cutting it, you wil not have any problems. on my truck before i bagged it, i had my passenger side drop coil cut down 1/3 of a turn... the truck rode and handled great.. better then it did when it had that stupid chevy lean.

I will have to agree with you 100%
Cutting coils is not bad at all and the coils will ride the same if not better than the stock ones. I have had coils and the vast majority of the guys in my club have had or have cut coils right now for the fact that it's cheap and it's easy to do.

·
Registered
920 Posts
as long as you dont cut with a torch your okay
i personally would never cut more than 1 coil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts