S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 97 s-10 and was wondering what is the best way to go about this. I got in a car accident and in 3 days my truck is goin to a body shop and i was thinkin while they are re-painting the new bed side they could paint a roll pan while at it. So what is the cheapest best way to go about gettin a rollpan. Another question, there are plastic pieces that stick out on both sides of the rear bumper, all the s-10's i see that have roll pan's have those taken off. I got under my truck and saw that there are 3 bolts that connect each plastic piece to the actual bed side. So if i took the corners off like most people do, are there gonna be holes that are noticeable when i put the rollpan on? Any help would be cool thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hello! Well as far as a rollpan goes now would be the time to do it considering the other work the bodyshop will be doing. You have two major choices in types of rollpans-bolt-in and weld-in. The names are pretty self explanatory-the bolt-in one bolts in, a weld-in is welded to the bed and the seams finished with filler for a smoother look. I would stick with a metal rollpan, and one from a quality company for proper fit. Sir Michaels is one of the better ones. About $150.00 for either type. And yes, the holes from the existing bumper caps will need to be welded up and filled prior to painting as well. To leave to holes there looks ghetto, and to have the bodyshop weld/finish with bodywork is pretty inexpensive to have done. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok sweet thanks for the help, i just called and gotta sir michael's bolt on at a shop here in town for 165. As far as the filled holes, i jus hope it isnt that expensive cause i got a lot to pay for...

·
Registered
455 Posts
U R welcome-sounds like you are on your way to happiness. Having those bumper cap holes welding shouldn't be too expensive, its an easy enuff job! Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts