S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I like my dog more than u
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the lowering truck thing. Just bought a 2001 s10 extcab V6 last nite, and it seems there are a few more options than lowering my cars in the past.

So far i've decided on Belltech parts and a 3/4 drop with 18's. But what is the best way to go about it. As in spindles or springs, blocks or leafs etc....
Am i definitivly going to need a spring spacer? Wll i for sure have "chevy lean"?

You guys seem to also definitively recommend getting shocks too it seems, eh? Also rubber bumber stops needed?

Moneys not a major concern, would just like to do it right the first time so the ride is still sweet!

Thanks guys in advance.

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
well before the search n00b posts come in i'll give my advice.

spindles, coil, leafs, and block kit ride the best. but for saving money then coils and block. i'm going 3/4 as of tuesday and i'm going 3" coils and leafs and blocks in the back. just because i dont want to fawk with spindles. spindles also change the offset of the front wheels

the bumpstops you'd probably have to cut off or trim. i'll be getting the nitro active drop shocks from belltech with my order.

where are you ordering your stuff from j/w?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
2 inch drop spindle, 1 inch drop coils- Front

3 inch drop leafs and 1 inch drop block- Rear

to get a smoother ride get nitro drop shocks or toxic, but the ride will be really close to stock if you get the spidles and leafs so its up to you if you get shocks or not

·
Squid Life
1,771 Posts
With the 3" leafs out back he should get new shocks because the mounting plate will move...3" less travel on the stock shocks.

·
I like my dog more than u
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

Bought all belltech stuff the other day. Just waiting for front coils to come in from states. Cant decide whether or not to drop it now or wait until spring when i can buy rims and rubber too. As the new stock rubber that the dealership put on is like 75 series tall. Big ass homer simpson donuts. Think they'll be a problem with 3/4 drop?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts