S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am going to lower my 1990 s-10 next year but I have a few questions. First off I want the truck to still be practical to drive - I live in michigan...very rural area and on a dirt road. Plus it is going to need to be driven in the snow next winter. I was thinking about lowering it like 2/3. Do you guys think a 3/4 drop would still be alright for my area?

2nd question. What is the best way to lower it with whatever drop I go with. Are drop springs or drop spindals better for the front....with rides better? For the rear I was thinking going blocks.

3rd Question. If I do a 2/3 drop do I need to replace the shocks? I heard this is only necessary if you drop it more then 4 inches but do not know if this is true.

Thanks, Scott

·
Look at my S-10 firetruck
16 Posts
i went 3-3

i went with a 3-3 on my 92 but it didnt have much rake to it at all to begin with. up front is one inch coils and spindles....that in my opinion is the only way to go....i wouldnt go more than 2 inches with coils...spindles are great...use Belltec. I used blocks in the rear but am trying to save up for drop leafs from Belltec. my back end i think rides like ass....already trimmed the bumpstops but i dont like the ride in the rear. If you use blocks you wont need different shocks as it doesnt change the shock length. On the front i use the same shocks cause really it only dropped it an inch....the spindles dont affect the shock length...if you need anything else just le me know!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts