S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was wondering whats some of the or one of the best wax to use the guy at the store said NU finish was, he said its easy to apply no buffing and it wipes right off 2x's easier, i used turtle wax on other cars and it made it shine good j/w if there was anything better i jsut want to shine up my paint but without having to wet sand and all that right now i will prolly use turtle wax but wondering whats some better stuff, thanks., also what are all the steps to make it shine i hear like swirl remover and all that stuff, give me the steps to do it and what with thanks

·
Rustbucket Club
772 Posts
Polishing by hand takes a LOT of work, but if you're going to do it, and with products you can get locally, I'd use the Megs 3 step system. It comes with a paint cleanser, polish, and wax. I'd pass on that wax though and get some NXT. It has fillers so it will hide a lot of cobwebs that you can't get out from polishing by hand.
Don't forget a claybar either :cool:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
lol
where can i get the megs or w/e and how does a clay bar work i really want this thnig to shine

also i have a cheap little 6" orbital buffer

·
Rustbucket Club
772 Posts
You can get the megs 3 step system anywhere, Autozone, Kragens/Checkers, Pepboys, wherever. Do a quick search for "clay bar", you'll come up with everything you need to know.
The little 6" buffer will be good for applying wax, but that's about it

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
will,you tell me step by step how to do this im still kinda confused on how the polishing and everythnig goes also what does polish do and what does wax do??

·
3 crazy projects!!he,he
1,665 Posts
Some steps that I figured out is, that I am going to do ?
1) wash car good and dry of course
2) use clay bar
3) Menzerna intensive polish
4)Menzernas final polish
5) menzernas glaze
6)menzernas fmj paint sealer But I am using a 7336 porter cable and I am going to buy a rotary to see better results. Note: I have not tried these things , but I will once the weather gets nicer out here!!

·
Rustbucket Club
772 Posts
bitchin sonoma said:
Some steps that I figured out is, that I am going to do ?
1) wash car good and dry of course
2) use clay bar
3) Menzerna intensive polish
4)Menzernas final polish
5) menzernas glaze
6)menzernas fmj paint sealer But I am using a 7336 porter cable and I am going to buy a rotary to see better results. Note: I have not tried these things , but I will once the weather gets nicer out here!!
Sounds like a good plan :cool:
As for the rotary, keep it on a low speed and use a really light polish, that's the easiest way to learn. It's honestly a lot harder to burn through paint than most people think. I've worked deep ass scratches with a cutting pad for 10+ seconds (I still move the buffer around a little), but if it's at a low speed and you keep moving it you won't burn the paint. No matter what you do you'll get swirls when compounding or using a medium polish, but a finishing pad and swirl remover will take care of em

·
3 crazy projects!!he,he
1,665 Posts
The pads i am going to try is the lake country pads! the red,white,and the orange pad! I hope these will do a good job!

·
Rustbucket Club
772 Posts
bitchin sonoma said:
The pads i am going to try is the lake country pads! the red,white,and the orange pad! I hope these will do a good job!
I've never used the Lake Country pads, but I've never seen a negative comment about them either :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts