S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2sl0w
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for an alternative to the stock goodyear eagle GA's. Im on a budget, good suggestions for performance vs treadware.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
B.F.G.s

B.F.G. T/a's. I just put a set of them on that are 255-50-R16. They're the comp T/A, HR-4s, and can run as high as 150.00 per tire. I got them for a smokin' deal thru some friends at a local tire/wheel/tuner shop. You can get a regular set of B.F.G.s for under 400.00 bucks. L8r

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well when i got new tires i wanted something better then the goodyears ga (which sucked btw) w/ good treadwear and quiet with decent snow abilities and decent handling so i got the Yokahama Avid T4's i think they ran be 400 dollars from Tirerack.com in the stock size of 235/55/16....i'm fairly pleased the hook up better then the Goodyears feel lil bit more confident in the turns but they have about the same noise level as the goodyears and they suck just as bad as the goodyears did in the snow.....of course what and u expect with a 4x2 in the snow....I've also had the tires on now for about 10,000 miles and the tread still looks real good.....i can tell i'll get alot of miles out of them

·
Registered
213 Posts
i need new rubbers on my truck already.......shes showing 25k on the odo and the back tires are as bald as a baby's ass. i got the hookup at discount tire around the corner from me.....i think im gonna get BFG 255/50/16 drag radials on the back and BFG comp T/A 245/50/16 on the front.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the GA's on now and have 25K on the odo. I have quite a bit of treadlife left on them though but they are starting to dry rot on me. I am also going to the 255/50/16 HR4's when I do it.

Hey XtremeJimmy do you have any clearence problems with those tires. That is the only thing I have been wondering about them and don't know anyone with them and the stock ZQ8 setup.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
No ZQ8 yet

My Jimmy doesn't have ZQ8 on it yet. What I do have on it is a 2" Bell Tech drop spindle on the front, with 3" blocks out back. That makes it lower than the stock Xtreme. I don't rub with the current setup. I'm planing to go with the ZQ8 front coils and shocks up front, with a 4" drop leaf spring w/ a 1" block out back. I'll then cut out the snubbers all around. You could go with the 245-45-16s to keep them the same size as the stock Goodyears. Hope this helps bro. L8r

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
I Have had good tread wear from Cooper Cobra G T H's.!
I had them in my 94 SS with custom wheels and they were great in the turns.!
I need backs atleast for my Xtreme and thats the tires i am getting......!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try the 245/50/16 BFG G-Force KDWS tires. They're about 110 each, are z rated and have a treadwear of 400.

·
2sl0w
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for all of the responses i think i will get either the yokohamas (dpending o nthe size of my paycheck, or the Bfg's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
whoops

·
Registered
17 Posts
i've already changed my rear tires @ 13,000 miles...I have 16,000 on my baby now -=/

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i got 28000 miles on my X and have gone throuhg 3 sets of the stock tires, i just bought new tires today and i got the bfg's they are sweet, hope they last

·
Xtreme
82 Posts
BFG T/A KDW 245/50

·
Xtreme LSS
23 Posts
First off i just want to let everyone know that i am rather new to this whole site.. but i have some good info on tires for you all... i have a 99' X, and the goodyears that came on it only lasted about 3500k, and then i got a set of Bfg Defenders and they only lasted until i had about 8k on the truck.... i have since gone to a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE910's. these tires have lasted very well thus far, considering the very hard driving that i put on them, my Odo now reads alittle over 23k and the tread is still in very nice condition. i believe that they were about $95.00 a piece.

i have a quick question, if any of yall know the answer that would be great, does anyone know how wide of a tire you can fit on stock x rims with out any problems, cause i would like to go to something like a 255, with out haveing to get new rims. thanx lata

·
Registered
49 Posts
A 255 will fit fine. The rims are 16x8 and you could possibly go to a 265 and maybe a 275 on the rim but you'd probably have problems with them rubbing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts