S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what is the best stock brake setup? I know the 4x4 blazers had the option of the dual piston caliper, and some people don't think it is that much better, but did any of the 2wd s-10 or blazers come with that option? I was wondering if any of the manufactures of drop spindles make it with the bolt pattern for those? I was wanting to put those on, with back disk brakes and then a hydraboost system. Anyone have any better stock, junkyard type option?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think you pretty much covered the best "stock" options. If you want a slightly better option you could do a swap for LS1 brakes, but I have no idea if that's really all that much better. Would be cool for someone to do a side by side comparison of all S-truck brake setups. Call Myth Busters ! hahaha...

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
devilman13xx said:
all 98+ blazers have dual piston front and single piston rears. the rear swap is a bit trick from what ive heard

the front just buy blazer spindles, stock or drop either way, the drop spindles cost a lot most for the blazers as opposed to normal s10s though
They also push the wheels out 1/2"

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the 98+ 2wd Blazer did have 2 piston calipers, correct? I guess the pushing out a 1/2 inch might help if i can ever figure out what wheels I can get. I have a 94 ss and still have stock ugly wheels.....no one will sell me their zq8s, and some just won't respond after they have taken time to list them.
Thanks
MINTSICK said:
They also push the wheels out 1/2"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts