S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking 2/3, spindles and blocks, which is what all my buddies did B.B (Before Bags) and they say while it's not very low, it will be perfectly streetable before I go to bags. (Which may be a while) I was originally thinking 3/4, (Spindles, springs, spacer, rear leaves and 1" block) but I want to make sure I'm not just going to be beating my self up while driving, or beating the bottom of the truck up either. Also, I change my own oil, but I still wanted to be able to pull into a "Grease & Go" if my g/f has the truck while I'm out of town. Could she clear the pit with a 3/4?

I doubt I will ever use 20's, so the largest wheel size I would run would be 17 or 18, with a good size tire. I just want a drop to accentuate that.

Thanks!

BTW: Any pics of a 2/3 or 3/4 drop would be appreciated, as are your comments. :thumbup:

·
Banned
17,375 Posts
Most ppl that do a 2/3 wish they just went lower to start with (from what I heard). I say go 3/4 that way it is a more noticable drop and you will be able to clear things.

·
Still 2 High
1,515 Posts
yeah i've had a 2/3 for awhile now.. i'm planning on buying a 4inch block and removing a leaf then adding drop coils with shocks for the front... 2" spindles and 3" blocks just isn't getting it for me anymore

·
Registered
920 Posts
3/4 will ride fine unless you have the worst roads in existance

the tire has more to do with ride than a mild drop like that, just get a good shock

my 4/4 could clear pits, they didnt like it but it could, most places will not allow any lowered vehicle no matter what the clearance anyway so its up to the place as to whether or not they will change your oil

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in a fairly old rural town, so some roads are pretty crappy. Thus my thinking on a milder drop. No pics?

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Go 4/5 ;)

If you go 2/3 or 3/4 you're going to want to go lower...You will probably want to go lower then 4/5 after your done too! Your never too lowwwwww! :phil: :drow:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
If you're planning to bag it, just go with the 2/3 IMO. You'll need the spindles to lay out anyways, and blocks are cheap. No reason to waste money on coils and leafs you aren't going to use anyways.

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zYgoTe said:
If you're planning to bag it, just go with the 2/3 IMO. You'll need the spindles to lay out anyways, and blocks are cheap. No reason to waste money on coils and leafs you aren't going to use anyways.

Good Point.

While we are on this topic, what is the difference in the cheap $79 spindles and Bell Tech's $185 ones? Lastly, my spindles are the same as the '94-97 right? I've just seen a couple of places charging much more for my spindles than an earlier model. Any reason?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts