S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
99 Problems
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up!! I am running a KP 6 Link and I have the shocks that came with it which are pretty much generic I think. I was curious if there is a better shock to run or whats the best shock to run with that link set up. Thanks for any input!

·
Kurrupted Kreations
3,837 Posts
i hav a custom 4link, i hav the cheap Gabriels from autozone and they werk awesome.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just put Gabriels all around on mine, ,,,,i like em

that's right we bagged "s10'ers" (that's my new word for the day):haha: use the gabriels.... There are HOWEVER 3 GAB's to choose from from autozone... different comfort levels... just ask to see the Nissan Hardbody truck shocks and see which ones feels (by compressing the shock) or lack thereof :p of all of them. I chose the middle ones.... forgot the "name of them"

·
99 Problems
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with the new shocks compared to the generic ones will the rear get more lift?

·
99 Problems
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S10'ers lol:drinkhaha:rotf:

·
Registered Asshole
1,136 Posts
Depends on the stoke of the shock, I will be running the autozone one myself up front, I have SD ones that came with my link setup in the back

·
Registered Asshole
1,136 Posts
Depends on the stroke of the shock, I will be running the autozone one myself up front, I have SD ones that came with my link setup in the back

·
INNOVATIVE FABRICATIONS
2,816 Posts
Depends what your looking to spend and the quality ride your after. There is a bagged full size for sale over on PerformanceTrucks.net that is running King shocks all around. Everyone says it's the best ridding bagged truck they have been in. Probably cost a couple hundred per shock though.

·
Ls1 Bagged
1,186 Posts
I run moroe's as well pretty happy with them

·
99 Problems
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I mean I dont drive the truck on a daily basis so I mean Im not gonna spend a shit load of money on them but I am looking to HOPEFULLY get more lift and a better ride out of the back. I dont run them on the front as of yet so once I get them done ill run the matching shocks. I was all into the hitting sides and all that when I initially bagged the truck but now Im over it so Im trying to track down the shock relocaters and a sway bar to put in the front. Probably gonna switch to a 6 valve set up aswell.

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
You can buy the right size cheapo shocks and it will ride very nice. The key is in the mounting angles and the mounting location. You want the shocks to be close to parallel with the suspension (When the shock is on an extreme angle the ratio of the shock dampening is changed) and mount as close to a 1-to-1 ratio as possible. Knowing this you can certainly bend the rules, but know that the shock will not dampen as well once you change the ratio.

·
99 Problems
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can buy the right size cheapo shocks and it will ride very nice. The key is in the mounting angles and the mounting location. You want the shocks to be close to parallel with the suspension (When the shock is on an extreme angle the ratio of the shock dampening is changed) and mount as close to a 1-to-1 ratio as possible. Knowing this you can certainly bend the rules, but know that the shock will not dampen as well once you change the ratio.
well the shocks are mounted in the stock locations for the most part. they mount up right under the axle to the stock upper mount on the KP 6link.

·
99 Problems
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here is a pic of the setup so They dont appear to be too far from stock location

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts