S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna order some rims by spring, and am really torn on this issue. What do you guys think?

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
IMHO 18's LOOK the best in a dropped S10's wheelwells.

BUUUUUUUUT, if you drive hard and go through tires like mad, get 17's. The price difference in tires from 17-18 is about $60-80 each. Plus you run less of a chance bending a 17.

·
R.I.P. RJB 7/10/17
1,273 Posts
J-Rod is dead on!! I wanted 18's for my truck but the price and living in Colorado with all the pot holes, I went with 17's for a little more practicality. 18's are sweet if you aren't going to drive a lot!

P

·
0 Posts
20"

What is wrong with 20" rims??...i was thinking about a 3" drop on 20's..would that work?

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
yeah man, 20s would work, but they're talking about practicality and affordability. Also, I can't remember where I've heard this, but someone told me that 20s are hard to keep balanced. Also, if you had to, which rim would you prefer to replace due to potholes etc... 17s,18s, or DUBS.... LOL I'm sticking to 17s for a while... POTHOLES and Construction zones SUCK over here in Knoxville..

Lata
Mike
EC Founder

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
well here is my $.02. i plan on buying some 18 inch boyds or budniks. and to keep it practical and streetable i plan on running 45 series rubber on my billet rollers to keep the ride civil and not bend a rim on a hershey wraper!:bash: if you keep from running a rubberband profile (30 or 35 series) you should be cool on 18s.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
with a 3 4 drop you can go with 255 50 17 all around 4.5 bs that will be fine.

also with 18s 18x8 4.5 bs 245 45 18 all around. you want to keep a 45 to 50 series just to be safe. here is a 3.5 4 drop on my cousins 07 sonoma with 245 45 17 and 275 40 17 rear. we still have to drop the front. just go under this section is should say pics of my cousins sonoma before and after. there you can see pics of the set up

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Well, I'm running 17's with 235/45's. I got them mostly because Discount Tire cut me a hell of a deal on them. From the practicality standpoint, tires are just plain cheaper. For myself, I just cant justify spending over 100$ for a tire, especially on a daily driver. I like the looks, the performance is ther...I'm happy with my 17's.

Just my .02

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
94ChevySS-10 said:
J-Rod is dead on!! I wanted 18's for my truck but the price and living in Colorado with all the pot holes, I went with 17's for a little more practicality. 18's are sweet if you aren't going to drive a lot!
damn! I thought I was the only Sport truck in CO! :D Let alone with a black 94SS, lol. What part of CO are you in? I live in thornton, and work in aurora.

anyway.... I'm getting 18's for the SS when I sell the 96. I think they just fill the wheel openings better..... that and I think I might just be able to tuck a little 18 :thumbup: And even the 17's with 245/45's on the 96 are bent, so what have I got to lose??? I'm going with a higher quality wheel this time though, so that might help a little.... and driving more carfully. hahah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts