S-10 Forum banner

Best ride quality shock

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  mpulse 
#1 ·
Hello! Well after 8 years of no dime in my life I scored a 93 rcsb and its so nice to be back. I’ve had my eyes on the aftermarket but I’m sure there’s more out there now I’m missing. I plan on spindles, 1” coils and leafs but I’m lost when it comes to shocks. I’m looking for the best ride I can squeeze out of it. I know that’s having my cake and eating it too but I’d like to get close. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
Twin tube shocks generally give a softer ride than monotubes. Monotubes are always harsher but much better for performance applications.

Reactions: goes2fast
#5 ·
Thanks for the great input guys. I honestly didn’t know kyb made adjustable. Figured they would’ve been super expensive. I’ve read a lot of good stuff about the reflex shocks. They were one of my picks. Only ever has 2 sets of bilsteins and they seemed stiff. I was also thinking of the street performance line from belltech

#6 ·
The KYBssupposidly adjust automatically to varying road conditions. They worked well for me I lived close to a very rough rail crossing that everyone slowed to a crawl on and after installing the KYBs I could cross at 35mph and not feel a thing.

#10 · (Edited)
I was stoked to lower my 1st Gen. Was wondering how good this kit is. And I would like to lower the rear 4-5 inches total is there a way I can lower it more without spending too much cash or....

And I was curious what would look better the iRock 18s that are on the rear or the chrome 20s that are on the front... Feedback and or guidance is greatly appreciated ??
Suspension part Text Font Auto part Shock absorber
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

#11 ·
I so I was just super stoked to lower and won't swimming how good these are... And I would like to lower the rear four maybe five in total is there a way I can lower it any answer to more without spending too much cash or....

And I was curious what would look better that I rock a teens that are on the rear or the chrome 20s that is on the front... View attachment 337096 View attachment 337097
What?? You need to use some punctuation, and ditch the text speak. You posts are too hard to figure out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.