S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Well after 8 years of no dime in my life I scored a 93 rcsb and its so nice to be back. I’ve had my eyes on the aftermarket but I’m sure there’s more out there now I’m missing. I plan on spindles, 1” coils and leafs but I’m lost when it comes to shocks. I’m looking for the best ride I can squeeze out of it. I know that’s having my cake and eating it too but I’d like to get close. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
Twin tube shocks generally give a softer ride than monotubes. Monotubes are always harsher but much better for performance applications.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great input guys. I honestly didn’t know kyb made adjustable. Figured they would’ve been super expensive. I’ve read a lot of good stuff about the reflex shocks. They were one of my picks. Only ever has 2 sets of bilsteins and they seemed stiff. I was also thinking of the street performance line from belltech

·
Old Fart
2,968 Posts
Thanks for the great input guys. I honestly didn’t know kyb made adjustable. Figured they would’ve been super expensive. I’ve read a lot of good stuff about the reflex shocks. They were one of my picks. Only ever has 2 sets of bilsteins and they seemed stiff. I was also thinking of the street performance line from belltech
The KYBssupposidly adjust automatically to varying road conditions. They worked well for me I lived close to a very rough rail crossing that everyone slowed to a crawl on and after installing the KYBs I could cross at 35mph and not feel a thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FYI...RockAuto has a rebate going on for KYB shocks.
KYB Strut-Plus Expanded Coverage & Promotion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts