S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ZipN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best performance tires for my truck, cost is relaly not an issue. I live in ga, so its doesnt get cold enought to freeze the streets often. heavy rain isnt that often, if i even drive during rain. and i dont got off-road at all. i just need the best traction i can get with best handleing. :)

So whats the best ones out there, and where can i get em. bran, model, ect

Thanks,
Nelson

·
Registered
920 Posts
in what size?

Michelin Pilot Sports
Bridgestone Potenza RE750
BF goodrich g-force KDW
Yokohama AVS DB=2
Pirelli P-7000

those are the top types that i would be looking at if money was no object
www.tires.com

·
ZipN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 235/55-16's

·
Registered
920 Posts
nlummus said:
I have 235/55-16's
im assuming you are running a ZQ8, why dont you step up to a 245/50/16, thats the size i used to find the tires

a 235/55/16 is a tall tire they wont make many performance tires in that kind of sidewall

in fact i just checked and none of the tires listed above are in that size

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
stippy32 said:
in fact i just checked and none of the tires listed above are in that size
Thats because Goodyear is contracted with Chevrolet on that tire size and no other company makes it to my knowledge.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
kjc9781 said:
Thats because Goodyear is contracted with Chevrolet on that tire size and no other company makes it to my knowledge.
My brother got a set of mastercrafts in 235/55/16's....

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
MINTSICK said:
My brother got a set of mastercrafts in 235/55/16's....
My mistake...when I searched around myself and I couldnt find any, I asked around why and thats what the tire guy at Goodyear told me.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Cooper also makes 235/55/R16's, but they are NOT a performance tire!

I can spin them in second gear with stock 4.3l, and automatic..

When I get the LS1 in there, I will need new tires..

·
Registered
920 Posts
3rdCoastCrawlin said:
what about Falkens, anyone know if they are decent?
decent yes, good tire yes, max performance not really

·
ZipN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what would be the downside to switching to 245/50-16. how will it effect me...like negative...since i am 235/55-16. What are the dangers of changing tire sizes?

·
ZipN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These tires look really BA and have really good reviews, what yall think? Eagle F1 GS-D3

I was thinking 245/50-16, like suggest before.

·
Registered
920 Posts
im my experience the Goodyear Eagle F1's have horrible tread life and not much better grip than the ones i posted, but then again that was a while ago

switching to a 245/50/16 is going to mean a few things
1. its a smaller diameter, effectivly its going to be like shorter gears, also its going to cause your speedo to be off, its not a huge difference, maybe 2 or 3 miles per hour per 100mph,
2. its going to ride stiffer, not by much, but it will, it will also track differently on the road, its a little wider its going to find those tracks in the pavement easier and the stiffer sidewall
3. its going to corner alot harder, youve got more tire and a stiffer sidewall, its going to corner alot better
4. its going to look alot better, but thats totally subjective

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sports
Bridgestone Potenza S-03's.

2 best tires if moneys no object.

·
Stealth Sierra
8,375 Posts
if it doesnt rain much by you dont the KDW (dry/wet) get the KD its a more aggressive tire , ultra high performance tire.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

i have 255/55/16 kumhos outback...theyre taller than stock but i like em...they still bark a bit when you floor it but they grab better from a launch IMO and they do grip good IMO...but then again theyre only the 2nd tire ive ever had out back

·
Registered
222 Posts
i dont want to start a big fight here but i was reading a sport compact car magazine and they got an almost stock miata to pull over 1 g on the skid pad running some toyo proxes ra1's the size waslike a 225/40 16 i think. probably some good tires, i dont know?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts