S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
My Truck is older than me
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a new muffler. Im probably gonna get all new tubing catback in stock locations and sizes. What is the deepest sounding muffler when all those factors are considered?

·
Registered
304 Posts
i did a 3 chamber magnaflow xl 2.5 in and out.i also have the magnaflow y-pipe.had a 2.5tailpipe fabbed up at the muffler shop.sounds o'kay.had one of the oil change guys drive it around for an inspection,not much louder than stock

·
My Truck is older than me
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine with no tailpipe right now is just a little quiter than id like. I want it to be way deeper though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am very happy with my Spintech muffler! Great sound...impressed my neighbor who is into cars as well with the sound.

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
Flowmaster 80 transmount just like the camero's ran, single 2.5 in duel 2.5 out to flat camero style tips

4.3, edelbrock shorty headers no cats... thats the old setup i used to run, got tons of complements on it, sounded like a mild v8 at idle... but it always gets washed out around 3k

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
i did a 3 chamber magnaflow xl 2.5 in and out.i also have the magnaflow y-pipe.had a 2.5tailpipe fabbed up at the muffler shop.sounds o'kay.had one of the oil change guys drive it around for an inspection,not much louder than stock

No such thing as a chambered Magnaflow...... But you probably didn't now that did you... :rolleyes: Stop trying.

OP, try youtube

Buy the one you like the sound of...But don't expect much HP out of it...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had a 28" glasspack
Without a cat I had someone think I had a V8 when it was idling.
without cat

with cat

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I love that people still try to insist you can mistake a 4.3 with an exhaust as a "mild v8" at idle, never happened.

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
I love that people still try to insist you can mistake a 4.3 with an exhaust as a "mild v8" at idle, never happened.

uh... you would mistake my mustang for having a crappy v6 at idle... so why can't the inverse be true? sounds like absolute sheit till 3k... then ear candy

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
uh... you would mistake my mustang for having a crappy v6 at idle... so why can't the inverse be true? sounds like absolute sheit till 3k... then ear candy
I find everything you've just said here to not be believable, especially it sounding like shit below 3k rpms then sounding like "ear candy"...

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
I find everything you've just said here to not be believable, especially it sounding like shit below 3k rpms then sounding like "ear candy"...

guess i'm just someone who doesn't know everything then -shrug- i just say what is fact

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Whatever dude, point is anyone that is fairly knowledgeable about cars or even just engines is able to easily tell the difference between a 4 cyl/6 cyl/8 cyl regardless of what is done to it.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
you can't make a 4 or 6 cyl sound like a V8, it wont happen. I can tell right off the batt at the s-series in my arear if they are 4.3 or have a V8 swapped.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
another one of these threads eyy...
get a Spintech pro shootout. and get rid of your cat. I recommend tuning it tho.. I absolutely love mine and get compliments on the sound all the time. Shorty JBA headers make a nice difference too :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
fast 4by i suggestion you vist the magnaflow site and tell me thats not a 3 chamber they have listed,and summit and jegs have both got it wrong as well??i bet your too much a chickenshit to admit YOUR wrong about it,and while your at it post up some of these fictious dyno prinouts you've been beating your chest about hot shit!!!still waiting to see EXACTLY how much torque you lost at a steady 3000 rpm,$100.00 bucks says i got a 3 chambered magnaflow xl on my truck right now.put up or shut up.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
fast 4by i suggestion you vist the magnaflow site and tell me thats not a 3 chamber they have listed,and summit and jegs have both got it wrong as well??i bet your too much a chickenshit to admit YOUR wrong about it,and while your at it post up some of these fictious dyno prinouts you've been beating your chest about hot shit!!!still waiting to see EXACTLY how much torque you lost at a steady 3000 rpm,$100.00 bucks says i got a 3 chambered magnaflow xl on my truck right now.put up or shut up.
YOU'RE * :haha:

·
Registered
1998 Chevy S-Noma
94 Posts
I had a cat back 3" with a Flowmaster muffler and 4" tip on my extended cab Xtreme. Sounded great, definitely a bit quicker (IMO) and always got compliments on the sound. A friend of mine had a similar s10 and we were always competing. The day I got the exhaust done was the only time I ever beat him. He did a LS1 conversion shortly after.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,546 Posts
Why is this 7 year old dead thread even open?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.