S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to do a 98+ conversion and cannot figure out yet what i want to do with the bumper/valance, whether i want to cover it with a bumper cover or what not. so show me some sweet front ends to give me an idea what i might be after. all you xtreme guys can post, but im not really going for the stock xtreme look at all. thanks and get those pics coming!!

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
bravada grill with a envoy bumper cover.....

or 98+ chevy grille with a 97 bravada bumper cover and fog lights....mmmm

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
has anyone ever smoothed out or modified the stock valance that hangs below the 98+ S-10 bumper? I was thinking of doing this also...pics?

·
Super Moderator
51,327 Posts
dont do a 98 conversion, and then cover up the 98 bumper...

ss gen 4 valance is nice and clean...IMO, especially mine, after i got it never installed, for 50 bucks :)

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
really the 98+ conversion is mostly for the grille and lights, well for me...but i think now im leaning toward the smoothing out of the stock valance and putting in some fogs...

but still on with the pics....(its not over yet...:p )

·
Registered
683 Posts
mrn_89 said:
really the 98+ conversion is mostly for the grille and lights, well for me...but i think now im leaning toward the smoothing out of the stock valance and putting in some fogs...

but still on with the pics....(its not over yet...:p )
i was thinkg about doing the same thing with my bumper OR changing my 99 to the older style to get a phatom grill

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey whobewa, if you wait a lil bit ill have most of the stuff youd need to do the phantom grille setup, without the actual phantom. that would mena the core, bumper, valance, lights n stuff. just a thought

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i got everything but a bumper and bits like clips and pigtails...

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i did a quick paint (not photoshop here:rolleyes: ) and heres some ideas im kicking around. keep in mind this will be smoothed and painted white to match...

or maybe with fogs?

tell me what you think, and if you like the idea which one, fogs or no fogs.
:eek: that grille with fogs is gonna be a real pain...

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
meh, 97 bravada bumper cover looks better than that....that looks like dookey, and if you did a 97 bravada bumper all you'd need is the grille, lights and corner lenses which it seems like you already have

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
show me... oh wait i see what you mean, but i said 98+ conversions (btw i bought an s-10 grille) for a reason...i have bought everything for it already and all i need is my valance/bumper idea...:tup:

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i took a look at a 97 bravada front and i dont see how it will match up to a 98+ grille. looks like its too tall. might fit the 97 and below easily but i dunno...

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
o ok gotcha..

·
Sweet n Low
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no one has pics of their front ends? wow...haha

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
uh, the 97 bravada bumper would match perfectly since it is FLAT across the top like the s-10 grille needs....it would fit perfect, believe me I've done just about every front end conversion there is.....swapped parts from damn near every s-series at one time or another....97 bravada bumper cover with a 98+ grille and headlights would be SICK

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
here is a bravada grille with a jimmy 4x4 bumper cover?? You said you want pics of 98+ but it seems like you have the s-10 stuff so.....

orangesonoma said:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts