S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
best mods to follow a forced induction is headers and a good free flowing exhaust...

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
nitrous

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
id think port and polish would make better gains than headers, but w/o headers theyd be pretty much useless...good CAI, p&p, cam, headers, and a reflash. nitrous is nice, but i dont want to have to keep refilling a tank for my power.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Well you have to look at something when you get a cam. If you choose a higher rpm one like I have you really need to upgrade your valve train.

But for good hp gains I'm luving this cam/head setup! I'm scared at how powerful its gonna be with a reflash.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Nitrous is probably the cheepest way to gain 50-100hp. For around $500 for a kit you can have that. Nitrous says that you can add up to 50% of what the factory HP output is. So on a new 190hp 4.3, 95hp is 1/2. Since the motor is almost bulletproof I have seen stock motors running 150hp. If done right, it wont hurt your motor.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Super/turbo/NX have the best gains. Next best would be a cam/p&p heads and a complete fuel injection converstion (CPI to Multi-port)

·
Registered
31 Posts
What nitrous kit would you recommend for a 2001 4.3? I already have a Gibson catback, K&N Gen II intake and HPP III. What would this kit cost?
Thanks for your help.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Kits brand new are normally around $500. But you can find them cheaper on ebay and such. A single fogger "WET" system would be my recomendation. The wet kit is more adjustable.
MoodyRacing

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
cruzan69 said:
What nitrous kit would you recommend for a 2001 4.3? I already have a Gibson catback, K&N Gen II intake and HPP III. What would this kit cost?
Thanks for your help.
Nitrous Express GM EFI kit, w/ GENX2

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Her are a couple pics

Attachments

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
another one

Attachments

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
EFI kits are a little easier to install but not as tunable as the wet systems

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
what are more reliable ie... will keep your engine lasting the longest, i heard n2 is a nono in that department

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
The wet system is a more reliable kit simply due to the fact that you can actually set it up a little more fuel rich with the jetting. with the dry kit, you cant do that. So if for some reason it goes too lean, or if the regulator isnt working properly...........BANG!!

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Moodyracing said:
EFI kits are a little easier to install but not as tunable as the wet systems
:wtf: the NX GM EFI kit I'm talking about is a wet kit.

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Well in all my 16 years of messing with cars, I have only used Nitrous systems. I dont know how other people/companies have their product. As long as the unit has a nitrous and a fuel line going into the fogger, you are good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts