S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on what people think is the best replacement bulbs for head and fog lights. I like the look of hid's but being as I never finished my medical degree:sheep: I can't afford the real thing. Any ideas would be great.. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
street glow makes imitation hid headlights that look sweet i think, not too sure but i think it was street glow any way yeah i like them, i have the imitation ones they sell at pep boys i think ge, anyway they're pretty bright but i think i'm going to upgrade to those other street glow ones.:thumbup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have Toucan Extreme Blue 100w for highs. Extremely bright. Toucan has supposedly discontinued them but I know a guy that is a Toucan dealer and he says he can still get them. For lows I cheated and put a set of high beam Sylvania 65w cool blues in. I chiseled off the notches inside the bulb plug so they would fit.

Short story here.
I was on my way back from a friends place (at about midnight) that lives out of town. There is a stretch of highway for a few miles on the way back home that runs parallel with a stretch of railway tracks with the train tracks about 100 feet to the side of the highway. There was a train coming down the tracks towards me and I thought it was a car so I dimmed my lights. As I got closer I noticed it was a train so I switched back to high beam. The train flashed his high beams at me so I flashed mine back at him but went back to high because I thought he's just a train way over there and my lights can't be bothering him. Well the train flashed me about 3 times more and I just flashed my lights a few times and kept going. His lights didn't even bother me. BTW my lights are aimed properly and no one flashes me when I switch to low beam. Other drivers do flash me sooner than before though.

I guess my lights are pretty darn bright now (with highs at 100w and lows at 65 both on at the same time when I switch to high) to bother a train engineer.

Sorry for the novel. I was snickering the rest of the way home about the train incident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts