S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I need LT1!!!!!!!
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that using copper hardline is a no no, or is it?
If so where is a good place to get some stainless steel 1/2" tubing at a decent price?

Another question I have is can someone tell me where the directions went on how to build your own dipstick for a york compessor. I thought I saw some on this board a while back.

Thanks, 97$dime

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Copper is not the best to use, but it has been done with no problems at all, however stainless steel is the optimum way to go, and if installed properly, will give you trouble free performance for the life of the system.

·
I need LT1!!!!!!!
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well then does anybody know where I can pick up some stainless tubing?

·
I need LT1!!!!!!!
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just gonna ask this question here instead of making a new thread.
I am trying to remove a leaf spring out of my leaf pack.
Which one do I need to remove on a 97 s10.
Is it even possible to remove one because my leaf pack is different than AVTekk's leaf pack on his how to?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
do they make stainless compression fittings? i think it would look lame if you had all stainless line with copper fittings

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Yea, they make stainless steel fittings.... tho you could use some PTC fittings toooo if you wanted for the stainless. :evilg:

·
I need LT1!!!!!!!
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How does a ptc fitting for a hardline work? Does it work just like a soft line would?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
it is basicly the same thing only without the inner insert. it is just the outter crush ring. the inner ring is to prevent the plastic line from crushing. this way when the outter ring crushes around the tube, it pinches the tube against the inner tube.

i know my ex. was very confusing... you just need to see it to understand.

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
94badazz said:
it is basicly the same thing only without the inner insert. it is just the outter crush ring. the inner ring is to prevent the plastic line from crushing. this way when the outter ring crushes around the tube, it pinches the tube against the inner tube.

i know my ex. was very confusing... you just need to see it to understand.
I think you are referring to compression fittings. I do not think a ptc would seal tight on stainless, but I could be wrong. Compression fittings are cheaper anyways.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Yea, ur wrong :p I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true....

The DOT approved Parker PTC fittings can be used with Stainless Steel tubing 1/4" and greater in Diameter, as well as the standard J844 Nylon tubing that we all use.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dont mix stainless hardline with brass fittings you will have slow leaks, like overnight leaks. The brass is too soft and wont compress the stainless line that good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts