S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm completely new to this dropping cars thing. My Thread title is kinda contradictory but let me explain. I want the cheapest way to best drop my truck(did that make sense?) since I'm kinda low on cash. Do I HAVE TO buy a kit and where can I buy it?? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Black/Green Billet Sheen.
1,063 Posts
cheapest....cut coils, 3 inch drop blocks (or removing some of the layers of the leaf spring..dont know how much though)

BEST CHEAP way.... 2 inch springs in front, 3 inch blacks in rear.

BEST way imo.... 2 inch spindles (will NOT change geometry or ride) with 3 inch drop leaf springs, drop shocks. (although maybe not necessary with this mild a drop)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So basically it's gonna run me about 2-3 bills right? My next paycheck is gonna be pretty fat so I'll go ahead and shop around and see where I can get the best deal...

·
SVT Cobra Moderator
16,020 Posts
cheaper is always all crap go to summitracing.com spend 180$ and buy 2 inch spindles and 3 inch blocks and you will be set if you do it yourself which is very easy

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Sure, you could drop it 2/3 for $100 (Coils, blocks) but it will ride like poo. Do it right, and your truck (and back) will thank you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
if i do a 2/3 drop with spindles and blocks, will my shocks hold for about 6 months, give or take a month....i wanna eventually drop it 3/4 with 2" spindles/1" coils in front and 3" leafs/1" blocks in back, but that is expensive so at the moment, i dont wanna spend a lot(not till summer)...so...the only thing i will pitch is the 3" blocks...the question...willl the stocked shocks hold for about 6 months on a 2/3 drop....thanks

·
sdime 4 life
524 Posts
Pep Boys sells a ground force kit that consists of 2 springs that lower your shit 3 inches in the front, and 3 inch drop blocks for the rear, all for $130.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
runswithatchet said:
if i do a 2/3 drop with spindles and blocks, will my shocks hold for about 6 months, give or take a month....i wanna eventually drop it 3/4 with 2" spindles/1" coils in front and 3" leafs/1" blocks in back, but that is expensive so at the moment, i dont wanna spend a lot(not till summer)...so...the only thing i will pitch is the 3" blocks...the question...willl the stocked shocks hold for about 6 months on a 2/3 drop....thanks
with spindles and blocks, the factory shocks will work just fine. I'd get a 2" drop spindle, and a 3" block kit. then if you want to go lower... cheaply... cut 1/2 of a coil off in the front, and pull the middle leaf in the rear... it would now be basicly a 4/4 drop.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yeah, that would be a less expensive way then what i was thinking...i would prob end up gettin 3" leafs for the back though...but i never thought of cutting the coils in half though...thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
anyone ever used ground force....are they a good brand? and if im just buying blocks, can i go wrong with the brand? and 1 more quick question....a 3" block in the back, do i need it to be angled?? thanks

·
sdime 4 life
524 Posts
runswithatchet said:
anyone ever used ground force....are they a good brand? and if im just buying blocks, can i go wrong with the brand? and 1 more quick question....a 3" block in the back, do i need it to be angled?? thanks
I will post what I think of them after I do the install.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright so I'm gonna go buy my kit this week, I WANT MY SH*T DROPPED ALREADY!! So Pep Boyz sells that kit for $130 right?? Anyone else know where else I can get a pretty good kit for no more than $200?? BTW I'm in the Long Beach, CALI area. Thanx ahead of time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts