S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, right now I have 2" spindles and 3" blocks with the ZQ8 suspension. This winter I want to change my ZQ8 springs to 3" springs and I want to change my ZQ8 leafs to 3" leafs. I am pretty sure that I am going to have to notch it with 6" in the back, but what is the best notch to use???
Or, can I avoid doing the notch?? Thanks in advance.:D

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Do you know if there is a way to get around notching it?? I would rather not unless I absolutely have to.:)

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
have you cut out the bumpstops? cause if you do that and run good shocks designed for lowering the amount that you want to drop it and i would advise (although it might be pricey) use bell tech, it should ride just as good if not better than stock.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i have the aim c notch and ive ran 11 12 13s on the 1/4 and street racing and its fine. 2.5 really helped. you also have to reloacte the fuel evap tank. if i was you id just get the djm 4 inch angled blocks. they will be a 5.5 drop and it will sit perfect

tony

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
NO Bags?

No bags anymore Sonomagirl?

Just asking, I almost contemplated body dropping mine this winter but we already have two to do.

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no bags ANYMORE???????? I didn't get them yet:( I don't have the cash yet and probably won't for a while. I'm just gonna drop it some more this winter, for now, and I still want to bag it later.:D
Where have you been hiding Jeff?? We had the meet in Niagara this weekend and rumor had it that you might have been coming, but I didn't see you there. Good turn out, about 20 trucks and the weather was awesome!!

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Rumour?

hehe, I never received an e mail about it. I guess I should check out the web site hehe. I was working on bagging a 92 Ranger this weekend and didn't have too much time. We are going to become swamped with all the work we have coming up this winter. Good thing the show season is over for us.

Anymore meets before it snows?

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, there's no more meets before the snow:( Too bad you weren't there, it was quite the day :cool: We were talking about maybe having a winter-beater meet, but that wouldn't be anything interesting. Hopefully you can make it out next year:D Glad to hear you've been busy, that means you're business is doing good.:D

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Next Year for Sure

My truck will be coming out pretty well complete and probably won't qualify as a ZQ8 anymore lol.

Winter Plans include:

Interior ripped out and redone including stereo (going into the bed for this)

Rear 4 link will finally be installed.

The bed will be finished off with cut-outs for the rims and diff

Rims: 20 front and 22 rear

Body: Shaved and resprayed pewter base and white ice pearl

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
22 in back of a s10 no comment the smallest 22 inch tires is a 325 45 22 which is 32.2 inches tall. man your gonna need a 40 inch c notch to lay the back. why not just get 20s all around.

22s on a s10 thats over kill. its up to you.

also in back of a s10 the biggest you can go with 315 and it will rub. to get that size 22 you need at least a 10 inch rim. i dont know just to get a tire in there that will look good will be hard.

in front if you run a 20x8 255 35 20 that is 27.1 inches tall and the smallest you can get for now in front. so in rear you will have to get a 255 30 22 or heres even better 285 25 22 lol good luck with the tires.

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Well

Thats the Idea I was throwing around.

I just wanted 18 front and 20 rear. We have an Hombre rolling on 20's all around right now so I need to one better him, who knows maybe 21 in the rear, maybe only 20. I'll see, the rims I'm not deciding on until the end of witner, I'll keep ya updated as to what I go with.

I knew if I said 22 in the rear someone would post real quick hehe.

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is SICK!!!!!! I wish I had more money......:(

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
bullet proof!!!

just what the hell are you planning to tuck with that?:confused: :evilg: that is a solid monster notch. it is hella tight, bags or hydros? and how much $$$? :drinkhaha :)

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
That's my friends truck, he's running 2800lb air bags, it has a triangulated 4 link, and he will be tucking 22s soon
Here is the picture of the truck, the only bad thing is he's laying gas tank

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts